Quick hello..

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

first off excuse me if I waffle! It's googles fault I'm here. I've been machining for about 17yrs, which was more by accident than intention, and only consider myself even now as a glorified computer programmer (although I do set and operate, and my wife calls me a button pusher). Have some manual lathe experience, from a couple of time served turners, who also helped get me milling. Certainly don't count myself within the ranks of you guys, the work here is exquisite to say the least.
Anyway, what got me here was fuel injectors, and somehow from that I ended up spending the next two days at work marvelling over Keith5700's v8, dropping in and out of various other builds along the way (which will now become essential reading). I'd like to have a go at building a 'full' size engine someday, but think that starting smaller might be the thing to do. Thanks for giving me the buzz, now all thats needed is the workshop, mill, lathe and of course the managements approval!
kevin.

And a big welcome from " down under"

Latest posts

Back