Prusa XL 3D Printer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prusa XL, solid choice for pattern making with its 14"x14"x14" print area. Competitive pricing and notable improvements make it a worthwhile consideration. I want to suggest you to use enclosure for Prusa XL to get expected results.View attachment 153426
Uhh ... I hope I am wrong, but too often I have seen someone join a forum, only to post (as their very first and sometimes only post) a link to a custom product. Surely that brand new poster has no vested interested ... right? Surely we should not use the word "schilling" in such a situation ... right?

Again, I hope that I am wrong in the assumptions to which I have leapt!

Uhh ... I hope I am wrong, but too often I have seen someone join a forum, only to post (as their very first and sometimes only post) a link to a custom product. Surely that brand new poster has no vested interested ... right? Surely we should not use the word "schilling" in such a situation ... right?

Again, I hope that I am wrong in the assumptions to which I have leapt!
No, Bro I'm just giving a suggestion here and nothing else than that. If I,m providing a link then it must be helpful for people to understand the product easily. Every time I provide information I do research for it and that is why I used to provide a link of top 3 brands for further info.
Best regards!

I'm pleased to report my XL has finally arrived!
And it certainly hasn't disappointed me. I changed my order to the 5 head model, which delayed it somewhat, but it is now up & running in it's home-made enclosure.
My first print (other than the test print) was a box for the tools that came with it. And it was really nice to NOT have to sit there and do the 17 filament changes required for it (a 3 colour print). Just set it going and come back in the morning.
At the start of each print, it is fascinating to sit and watch it do the bed-levelling- 132 separate points across the bed, with no input from the operator needed.
As I don't want to have to load & unload 5 filaments each time I use it, the next step is to rat an old food dryer I don't use any more, and fit the guts of it to the enclosure so it can run 24/7 and keep the humidity under control. It does get quite humid here sometimes, and it can badly affect the pla filament if I don't take care of it.

Latest posts

Back