Polish 4 Stroke

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny you should post that right now.

My brother-in-law dropped off a little Troy Bilt cultivator last night that
someone had tossed out because they couldn't get it to run.
He asked be to give it a looking over.

I found the exhaust valve to be +.002" out of tolerance.
That little bit of adjustment has it running like a new one.
That took all of 15 minutes to diagnose and correct.

That Polish design wouldn't be nearly as fussy as a rocker valve design.
I really like it!

Thanks for posting the link!

Rick

that could be quite a high revving engine, if built right. No valve springs=no valve float. although the recipricating mass would be vary large.

Very interesting design. It reminds me a a design of an engine I heard about a while ago. Something like the pistons sleeve would move up and down opening and closing ports. Ime not really sure.

Kel

kcmillin said:
that could be quite a high revving engine, if built right. No valve springs=no valve float. although the recipricating mass would be vary large.

Very interesting design. It reminds me a a design of an engine I heard about a while ago. Something like the pistons sleeve would move up and down opening and closing ports. Ime not really sure.

Kel

like this!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/ShnitzlHaus#p/u/20/Bp93qDyvBak[/ame]

Exactly. WOW thats a cool engine. I was not even sure it existed. thanks

Kel

The Polish guy has a lot of other interesting concepts about alternative energy sources. The engine, I fear, wouldn't make it today. Too much surface area and too many crevices to produce acceptable emissions. I've exchanged a few emails with him.

Sleeve valves are very interesting. I'm working on a single cylinder sleeve valve design. Bristol Hercules and Centaurus engines powered many WWII aircraft and many civil aircraft after the war until jet engines put them to rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeve_valve

Greg

kcmillin said:

Kel

Hi Kel !

First a little history of my actions.
In 1972 I bought for 1 / 3 the price in a bookstore a book called "internal combustion engine technology and marine railway."
fascinated me, the huge dimensions and weights of some elemento such marine engines.
But at the beginning of the book jjServan Schreiber was the motto of the "American Challenge"
"Neither the army nor the resources or capital are not a sign or instrument of power. Even large industrial plants are only the outer expression.
Modern strength lies in inventive capacity, namely the research work and the skills turn inventions into products, technologies and so on.
Deposit, which must take are not in the earth or in the number of machines. These deposits lie in the mind, or more accurately, the people skills to think and create."

I did not know what had a bigger impression on me, the book, or motto? ;D
But the book is very much about the enormous size and weight. Well, I can see better the true proportions of certain weights.
Persons who have dealings with such large dimensions are not able to correctly determine what is actually heavier. Are illusions. My idea, because I wanted to make a lighter valves, such a huge engine. With such a large scale can be seen at once, which is really heavy.
I think Kel that, as you see now that the greater mass of valves , it will be even more in favor of my solution. ::)

All detail about photo:

Poped Valve : weight only poped,springs,taper all 176,5 Gram.
Diameter 32 mm
diameter open gap 28,5 mm.

Piston with rods, pin, two rings , weight 160,5 Gram
Diameter 38 mm - it's 25% more poped in diameter( some weight are they grow with the square of the radius) . Gap 38 mm
weight2.jpg

weight4.jpg

Diameter popped 75 mm , diameter piston 76.5 mm

twopistons.jpg

Weight popped 75 mm 1000 G
weight piston & rod 76.5 mm 850 G
weight popped 62 mm 400 G
weight piston & rod 62 mm 370 G

But the window of the flight of the valve of 75 mm is only 64 mm, what is very similar to the window of the flight piston 62 mm .

That is it results from it that the valve of 75 mm is giving the same flight as the piston 62 mm that is 1000 G to 370 G !!!!!

==~~ 2.5 more weight popped to piston & rod !!

It only looks impossibly. but this way is ;D

Best Regards Andrew :)

Hi Feliks,

Have you also considered the relation of the camshaft to the weight of the timing crankshaft?

Royal Viking said:
Hi Feliks,

Have you also considered the relation of the camshaft to the weight of the timing crankshaft?

Hi Royal Viking,
Camshaft diameter in conventional engine are about ~~ 0,4 D (diameter of cylinder)

This big poppeed are 75 mm diameter . Must be two popped in cylinder . = ~~ 150 mm diameter cylinder . Camshaft = 150 x 0.4 = 60 mm diameter .

Piston 62 mm have about 40 mm diameter bearings .... ::)

Regards Andrew ;D

That engine reminds me of my first real motorcycle, a Puch, built in Austria. It had two pistons, in parallel cylinders, but only one combustion chamber and spark plug. The rear piston ran off the rod journal, the front piston on a shorter piston rod, which was connected to the back piston rod. So the two pistons ran up and down slightly out of sync. The rear cylinder had the intake ports, the front cylinder had the exhaust ports. The bike was a two stroke, and fairly fuel efficient. It was designed to be an efficient daily commuter.

Tom

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution ::)

Newcomen.gif

Halfrotate1.gif

Regards Andrew ;D

Some thoughts -

RIngs and pistons used as valves. Means you have to have small ports or bridges across your ports to keep the rings happy. Those are high wear areas and are also the weak points in the design. Those are just 2-cycle pistons used a little differently. It looks inexpensive, but where is the wear. What about the flow of gases into the cylinder - will this desigh limit how fast eh engine can breathe? And it also makes for a much taller head to accomodate the pistons and rods. If you want to get rid of valve springs then go desmodromic.

As for those oscilating generators - they can't get very big or the forces on reversing direction will be enormous. For best results you want the armatures to cross the magnetic fields at a high speed otherwise the output voltage/current will be low.

kf2qd said:
Some thoughts -

RIngs and pistons used as valves. Means you have to have small ports or bridges across your ports to keep the rings happy. Those are high wear areas and are also the weak points in the design. Those are just 2-cycle pistons used a little differently. It looks inexpensive, but where is the wear. What about the flow of gases into the cylinder - will this desigh limit how fast eh engine can breathe? And it also makes for a much taller head to accomodate the pistons and rods. If you want to get rid of valve springs then go desmodromic.

As for those oscilating generators - they can't get very big or the forces on reversing direction will be enormous. For best results you want the armatures to cross the magnetic fields at a high speed otherwise the output voltage/current will be low.

I know that love sometimes blinds our reason. If you loved something whole life, it is then very difficult to get used to his new love.
But it is toxic love. Here as in most cases ends and, no matter what is controlled
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

fiatbrava.jpg

valve.jpg

Uff.jpg

I think you should consider, however, that sometimes divorce is not proud, although it is not to the hand you. ::)

Regards Andrew ;D

kf2qd said:

And this time love again......

I started my searches of generating electric from the oscillatory dynamo I carried which out from the ordinary stepper engine I had which at my "laboratory".

It 's very efficient new dynamo at very low RPM.
I joined the light bulb of 22 volt 0.05 A to one coil of this stepping motor,. Its about 1 Watt,
I joined the bridge rectifier at first to the second coil, and then electrolytic. and next same light bulb (of 22 volt as 0.05 amp) .

diagram :
diagram.jpg

And I made next video with this experiment.
This view of only energic HALF rotate stepper engine (left , right,left, right) video with to bulbs .One coil have diode and capacitor., another one coil no have.

http://www.new4stroke.com/stepper.wmv

I have this only one my prototype.

Next my propose are only virtual, but in prototype one coil give 1 watt. If in PCB you put 1000 pcs you give about 1 KW ! but constans currend.

Of course this idea need good development.

Why do we have such a low speed performance?
Therefore, the number of teeth in the stepper motor, which cut through the magnetic field is, say 120. that is, in relation to the conventional dynamo about 30 times more frequent cutting of the magnetic field
The other way too. Motors to have a maximum turnover of about 200 rpm;

Regards Andrew ;D

I simply will look as flat block. It can be cast as a single unit. It did not need the division on the block and head. Because the pistons can be put at the bottom......
It is full 4 stroke engine.

flatblock.jpg

flatblock2.jpg

dolnozaworowy.jpg

Regards Andrew ;D

Possible mutations water cooled half rotary:
Without that leaks in driving and from deducing of water half rotate "piston" . Elastic hose only several degrees twisted.

elastic%20hose.jpg

With "cylinder" and popped...

walki.jpg

Mutations "Long Cylinder" and 8 valve in one "cylinder"

cam.jpg

Vwork ~~= 0,5 V , V=Scircle x long

Are You know engine named Twin Feliks ? :rolleyes:

tloki.jpg

Star engines were characterized biggest always force density.

starhalfrotate5.gif

Andrew ;D

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution :blink:

Newcomen.gif

Halfrotate1.gif

And also very close to the Technology
handcar1.jpg

I think that this technology is very effective. Can you imagine that by doing the same movement up and down through the traditional piston-connecting rod-crankshaft to get the same ease the movement of this vehicle?
I think that it would then be much harder work. And these four , the looks on it, they not liked to work more than need....

Can you feel it ??

However and that will had such a good humor, just take a timber and a little grease lubricated.;)

Do not need any oil !! :D

Seal or Teflon or lubricated with diesel fuel.

OIl = diesel fuel in this picture

image014.jpg

The history of that path was an invention
http://www.new4stroke.com/images/Possible%20mutation%20pivot.htm

Andrew ;D

kcmillin said:

Kel

It should be approached with great reverence for history...
herculesv.jpg
Hercules.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Zw1_NiSWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Zw1_NiSWg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJcxpFTFJPA&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJcxpFTFJPA&NR=1[/ame]

At this film see why Crecy was in the half of the road. Simply moving the heat from the cylinder is very difficult way to get to the fins ...

But my engine, as befits the end of the road ,a little better start, even though this is only the second prototype.:)

Regards Andrew ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back