Poker burner

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point I was trying to make is What is the position of the jet in relation to the air holes is it as per the drawing?
cheers

I see what you are getting at. The jet could be put in backwards. I had made the assumption that it was as the drawing. I wonder if Gordon has checked that.

the end of the jet is at the air hole pretty much the same as Tony's design. I made the jet on the CNC mill so there is no way to put it in backwards. I have jets in three different sizes from .2mm to 1mm and it does not make a lot of difference which one I use other than the larger it is the harder it is to adjust. Presently I am running it directly off from a canister of isobutene camping stove fuel so that pretty much eliminates tank problems. Sliding the burner tube so that the air hole is beyond the end of the jet and even actually sliding the burner tube a slight distance beyond the jet does not seem to make much difference. I am not in the shop today but I will work on it some tomorrow. Maybe it is time to move on to something new for a while.

OK i'm back on this thing. Took a couple of weeks off to restore my sanity. I have gotten 40 mesh screen and I made a new jet with .15 MM (.0059") hole. Still cannot get it to work. Blue flame at the burner but as soon as I put the burner in the flue it goes out. If I put the burner in the flue try to light it at the end of the flue it just burns at the end and not inside. Any ideas?

Poker1.jpg

Poker2.jpg

Poker3.jpg

Latest posts

Back