Plumbing Tee Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gruby

Reaction score
I ran across an IC 1 cyl. engine a while back made from a 1" Brass Plumbing Tee and don't seem to be able to pull it up on the net again. I have a young lad here that would like to build it. Would one of you gents possibly be able to steer me in the right direction to find it.
Thanx --- Bill Gruby"

that would be henry fords first engine. there are some variations detailed here if you search. cfellows here has a variation that got me hooked and I will be building soon. john

jct842 said:
that would be henry fords first engine. there are some variations detailed here if you search. cfellows here has a variation that got me hooked and I will be building soon. john

Not sure on that one. The one I am looking for was built by Dale Detrich. the builders name I am sure of.There are plans available also. These are the ones I am searching for. Thank you for your help.

"Bill Gruby"

I found it after some searching, see below

"Bill Gruby"

brass_model_t_142.jpg

WOW THAT IS VERY DIFFERENT. Sorry for the confusion. That one is a real show piece. I still like the old herry ford one because of the crudeness and simplicity. I have been around here for only a short while and it appears that a good craftsman can make just about anything run, pop, and blow smoke! john

Uncle dale also has plans for a 2 cylinder made from a four way fitting. Check it out. I have plans for the "brass T" and they are well done. You can get them on ebay. He offers them at least once a month. Search for "model engine plans"

Back