Play Misty for Me

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twmaster, Machine shops aren't the most cleanest places. If you ever been to a commercial shop, specially a prototype place where the customer needs it yesterday......you can get knee deep in chips there. Clean up happens after the jobs are done and the checks in the mail.

But, I scored today! Pneumatic foot pedals for my Kool Mist costs $50 and up. I was going to dream something up using a blow gun and a door hinge and some wood but... I just happened to be in the lab where I work. They do product testing and some assembly work. Lo and behold a box of new foot pedals. So I said to the suppervisor of the lab "man I need one of these but they cost so damm much" he says "what for" I said "I have a mini machine shop at home and need it to blow chips away"...so he picks one up and hands it to me. Take it he says we buy by the hundred....$25 bucks....don't worry about it. I guess when I praised the tech's and him for doing a good job for me in front of the vice president of the Co. Paid Off. I just need to figure out how I got to do the plumbing now! Soon I'll be misting!

Tony

The Kool Mist Report to date,
Lots of fiddling..... Air adjust.... nozzle adjust....and you have to turn up the nozzle so siphoning don't happen after you shut the lights off in the shop. I left it alone for a few minutes and a puddle was forming under the nozzle. So I'll keep working on it. Looks good if I can work out the adjustments....More to come...... ???

IMG_0758.jpg

Fluid feed, Probably take a few gallons to figure it out! ???

IMG_0759.jpg

Let you know more when I start to hog out more of the Whittle V8

Tony

I think you need to reverse your mount so when your using it your adjustment valve is below your nozzle. Mine is on the reservoir which is below the mill table. When I shut mine off it doesn't dip not a drop. Used it last weekend for the first real test. Run the mill for about 4 hrs and the lathe for 3 with the Kool mist and use about 1/2 gal. Really seam to make a difference. Very glad that I got it.

Matt

Matt,
I'll have to give it a try....Thanks....Have you givin the water based a try yet? Scared I'll rot my mill ???

Tony

Looks good mounted up the the mill head, Tony. It's magnetic?

DW

Dean,
Yeah, it's magnetic which gives it good adjustment maneuverability...besides the nozzle adj.

Tony

Latest posts

Back