photobucket

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

My photobucket account is about full (they sent me an e-mail pointing out this fact) and they are asking if I would like to upgrade for a small fee. Whattttttttttttttt. pay for it. Are they kidding :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: Anyway I've had a trawl through and managed to delete a few but nowhere near enough. Although some of the pictures relate to old topics posted here I see that although there is no comment on them now they do still have a few views so I am reluctant to remove them. Is there any reason why I shouldn't start another account???? Has anybody tried this.

Cheers

Rich

There's load's of other hosting site's out there, just leave the photobucket one for posterity and sign up for a couple of others .........

Webshots for instance

CC

;D ;)

Hi Guy's,

I had a similar contact from photobucket a few days ago saying that I had not logged in to my account for some time and that I was in danger of loosing the links placed on THIS site to the pictures.

I had to log in and update my password in order to prevent this.

They also say: -

QUOTE: -
"You must log into your account at least once every 90 days to keep your linked images active. You can also upgrade to Pro to keep your linked images active permanently.

Thanks,

The Photobucket Team"

END QUOTE.

Bottom line is, YES you can open an account on some other hosting site but you will still need to log into photobucket, as above, in order to maintain the links...... or pay for the upgrade to PRO.

Just thought you would all like to know.

Best regards to all.

SandyC.

RICH: - very nice job with the small steam engine and the new boiler..... you've come a long way since those first tentative steps with the HEDGEHOG boiler....... well done. ;D :bow: ;D

Hi

Thanks for that link CC I'll look into it.

Hi Sandy,

I didn't know that. I must make sure to 'tinker with the account' at least once a month to keep it active.

Thanks also for the compliment. I'm enjoying every minute of this hobby and gaining knowledge and confidence almost daily. Don't go away though, theres still much to learn.

cheers

Rich

firebird said:
Hi

My photobucket account is about full (they sent me an e-mail pointing out this fact) and they are asking if I would like to upgrade for a small fee. Whattttttttttttttt. pay for it.

Rich

That's one of the reasons I've got my own web site. I won't run into that problem. Yes I do pay to have a site but at least it's hassel free from that stand point.

Bernd

If you had another account on Photobucket using a different email and logon
you wouldn't be the first. ;)

Rick

Personally I dislike having to wade through the popups and ads to view a photobucket pic, and will normally do so only if I really want to see it. I use a paid site, pbase, that has no ads and allows direct linking.

Bernd said:
That's one of the reasons I've got my own web site. I won't run into that problem. Yes I do pay to have a site but at least it's hassel free from that stand point.

Bernd

same as Bernd me.
with about $ 40 / year I have my domain, web site with infinite space, some email addresses, and no long the need to change every while from an account to another, remember new names, passwords etc.

but I admit that it is even too much for me and for many of us, and a free (or more than 1) account sometimes is enough

Many of my pictures and videos are hosted from my personal
web page. It is a free service provided by Comcast, my current ISP.

Most ISP's do offer free personal web pages.

Rick

Even though I stayed with the same ISP I had an issue. AT&T uses Yahoo for member features and I had all my photos on Yahoo. Then Yahoo changed over to Flickr for photo hosting. They even set up our accounts and moved all of our pictures which was nice. The problem was that all the forums I had participated in and posted pictures on had the links broken. That is the issue I see with keeping photos where you don't have control over them.

Latest posts

Back