Electronic Books (Epub) Swap

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickDastardly40

Reaction score
Now that I work in France and getting English novels is a bit of a chore, I sprang for a Sony E-Reader (which I love) a few months ago which means that I can download novels from t'internet after I've bought them usually from Waterstones.com.

I don't believe these have the same digital rights issues as Amazon's Kindle technology so I was wondering if anybody else with means to read epubs would like to set up a swap system and transfer the titles by e-mail.

I have about 30ish titles so far in various fiction genres including Trustee from the Toolroom by Neville Shute which was a bargain at £1.99!

For any copyright issues, my take is that it's like passing on a paperback after you've read it to a good friend, although if it's a minefield I will forget the idea.

Reply by post here or PM if you would prefer.

For any copyright issues, my take is that it's like passing on a paperback after you've read it to a good friend, although if it's a minefield I will forget the idea.
If you are passing on a disk or thumb drive you bought i would agree but if you copy, copy written material and pass it along to one or more friends you are in fact distributing copy written material. If everyone deleted the copy they had immediately after passing it on to one person it might fly but I do not see this as realistic or actually happening.
see the HMEM copyright policy here.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=4355.0
tin