Happy news!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hacklordsniper

Reaction score
Well 1 year from when i sold my mini lathe i was without a lathe. Its amazing how before my first lathe I did not need it that much, and after i sold it almost everyday there was a situation with a solution " if i had a lathe, that could be done easy".

After waiting for almost half a year for a Bernardo to supply me their lathe i decided to source a lathe myself. That was a good idea since i learned that Bernardo requests mechanical changes in some aspects of lathe, which are not good for quality of product. Weiss did not answer e-mails, or answered poorly. I called a sales manager in China trough which company where i work imports forklifts. After a large China manufacturer recommended us things started to "work"

I took the mill head and left it there, since removing it from that model would not give any considerable savings, and i can use all parts on my identical stand alone mill.

Since i bought directly from the manufacturer the savings in costs were such that i could order all acessories i will need in this life time (3 axis DRO, QCTP, 10 square QCTP holders, boring and cut off QCTP holders, automatic tapping chuck, ER collets, ER collets holder for lathe, 4 jaw chuck, stand, face plate, set of indexable cutting tools, upgrade lathe motor to 1.5 KW, ER collets holder for mill, milling vise and few little other things. All for the same price of "naked" lathe from Bernardo.

Its built, crated and going on a ship in 3 days. The production lasted almost 50 days more than agreed 60 days. Will get it exactly for my birthday. I have much more pictures from the assembly lines in the factory but i don't know would the manufacturer allow me posting them

If everything goes okay the company where i work plans to import Weiss lathes for our market, so double win.

Latest posts

Back