Photobucket pro?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith5700

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I was just about to do an update on my engine when I saw that no images were being displayed on my thread.
Seems I've exceeded my Photobucket bandwidth for the month.

I noticed that from a normal weekly views of 250, I had around 9000 last week.
This turned out to be because my thread was linked on a site called Hackaday, so people have been coming here to have a look.
Nothing wrong with that, but it's obviously crashed my PB account, meaning my photos on here, and other forums, can't be viewed.

My question is, should I upgrade to Photobucket Pro, or put it down to a one off, and wait till the end of Photobucket's month? I'm assuming I get a fresh monthly download limit each month?
I don't mind paying for Pro, but not if there are any known drawbacks to doing so.

Thanks, Keith.

I use Photobucket Pro, and it is well worth the money.---Especially if you post a lot of pictures. I never knew that there was any limit on how many people actually viewed your photos.----Brian

Brian,

There is a monthly viewing allowance, but once your month is up, it starts from scratch again.
Like yourself, I use the pro version as it is only about 20+ bucks a year, and you have as much allowance as you want for both viewing and picture storage.

John

Google photo's is another option.

I don't know if there are viewing limitations but they have a lot less flash and clutter when you are browsing someones albums.

Click on "my photo's" in my signature below to see a typical gallery.

keith5700 said:
I noticed that from a normal weekly views of 250, I had around 9000 last week.
This turned out to be because my thread was linked on a site called Hackaday, so people have been coming here to have a look.

I am in the same boat Keith. My engine was linked right under yours. I am going to just wait it out and when my new monthly cycle starts, the photo's will reappear.

Thanks for replies.
Steve, yes I noticed yours there as well, never thought to check your pics.

I found a bit on Photobucket where if you send one pic to the McDonalds photo album you get three months free on PB Pro. My pic is "pending approval" at the moment, so I'll see what happens.

The Hackaday bit was probably a one time thing, but some other site will rerun the link, then another, then maybe nothing for a while after that. Its the price of being popular :)

Latest posts

Back