Other Forums

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtrain

Reaction score
Just curious if I may ask. How many other machinist forums are you registered on?

I am on 4.

Not all are quiet right.

Why do you ask?

Yes, not all are quiet. I do read on others, but not registered with them. I eventually will register on others. Just which ones not sure yet, one at a time . This is the only one that I am on right now.
John :-\

visit 5 at least semi-regularly... only post on 2

Steve

This is the only machinist forum I visit but I do help look after another related forum, although it is more aimed at the collection and restoration of toy steam engines rather than models.

Visit three, but spend 99% time on this one. Visit it once in morning, noon, & night. It is getting so big it doesn't leave much time for the shop.

I have monitored several other forums but I find that HMEM has provided me with more entertainment and an overall increase in my knowledge base due to the wide variety of projects and sharing of 'adventures' through the use of pictures and documentary. The active members here seem to have a common 'bond' and take an interest in what others have/are working on at the time, although some of them could benefit from some dance lessons :big:. Other forums seem to be specific to one genre or facet of the engine world or are a bit too avante garde in their subject material (who really wants to create completely useless left handed nostril inhalers anyway?) This forum is the king of the hill for me.

BC1
Jim

I'm registered and browse and occasionally post on at least 4 others, but this is the one I frequent at least once, ok twice, errr, ahhhh, let's just call it multiple times a day. :big:

although some of them could benefit from some dance lessons :big:

I get my dancing time in too ! Been ballroom/swing dancing for 30 years :) Certainly don't meet any women hanging out with youse guys stickpoke

Rof}

Mike

I visit several others but in general find them irritating. What's nice about this forum, besides the great company, is there is a category for off topic just like we're doing now. The other ones purport to be machining forums but every fifth topic has the disclaimer, OT, in front of it. How can discussing why some cars are junk and others sent by the Gods have anything to do with machining. It's really amusing because those type of topics get more action than the ones related to machining. It seems that these people should start a gripe forum to keep themselves happy. Anyway, there are and have been several other forums directly related to model engines, not Yahoo groups. I think most of their people have made their way over here or they just lost interest in the other forums because when I clicked my bookmark for them they're no longer active.
gbritnell

I'm registered on 5 other forums and a total of 22 Yahoo Groups.
I don't have time to visit all of them, in fact I had to look at my
Yahoo Groups list to see how many. :-\

Rick

I'm registered on 5 but one hasn't had any activity for about a year. :) I'll bet a few
know which that is. HSM and this one is where I spend the most time.
...lew...

I'm too am registered on a whole slew of Yahoo forums. Their interface is EXCEEDINGLY CLUNKY and don't spend a whole lot of time on them. I get daily updates from the various Yahoo fora, and can quickly scan them to see if there's anything worth reading, else I hit the delete button.

Mike

I'm registered in four....but I post mostly here...and HSM is where I spend the most time.
Paolo ::)

Latest posts

Back