One guess as to what I'm making

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don-tucker

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Really enjoying this build.
Mine1.jpg

Don

Left handed back scratcher ??? :big: :big: :big: :big:

BC1
Jim

looks like the vertical mine engine in Elmer's plans.

wes, you get the first prize,easy eh! ;D

You've made an excellent start there Don, I'll be watching - this one is on my TUDU list.

There is a gentleman on the SmokStak forum who recently found/got a very nice small table engine. You should be able to view his post and his pictures at;
[http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74004
I really like this engine, and it has several intresting items that would translate well to a model of a table engine. In particular, the crank being made as it is with the subsantial square shape would be easy, and the steam chest being made as a seperate piece from the cylinder and being bolted on to the cylinder at the top and bottom would be easy to do. I also like the crosshead guide rods at the top of the cylinder, and can visualize making them from hex stock, turned round except for a very short section at the point where they screw into the cylinder.

If anyone on this forum recognizes this engine, the original poster on SmokStak is looking for information.

A bit more done,The X2 is worth it's weight in gold.
Mine4.jpg

Back