I'm the FNG.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKnucklehead

Reaction score
I'm a Marine Corps Veteran, Metal Manipulator Machinist and Fabricator. I've been around Hotrods and Drag Racing and Motorcycles my whole life.
The picture shows the two 525 cu BBC with 14/71 High Helix Mert Littlefield Blowers, I custom made the two chiller intake manifolds and them hand ground the Blocks and Heads then painted them and the carb bodies to match boats paint.
We dynoed them both their making 1245 hp & 900 ft.pound of torque each. Now it's time to put them in DCB 36' Cat boat and then plumb all the steel braided lines and wiring. I can't wait to tube behind it.
♧ Thanks for the Add.

Attachments

• Koenig Twins BBC 625▪cui.jpg
    Koenig Twins BBC 625▪cui.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'm a Marine Corps Veteran, Metal Manipulator Machinist and Fabricator. I've been around Hotrods and Drag Racing and Motorcycles my whole life.
The picture shows the two 525 cu BBC with 14/71 High Helix Mert Littlefield Blowers, I custom made the two chiller intake manifolds and them hand ground the Blocks and Heads then painted them and the carb bodies to match boats paint.
We dynoed them both their making 1245 hp & 900 ft.pound of torque each. Now it's time to put them in DCB 36' Cat boat and then plumb all the steel braided lines and wiring. I can't wait to tube behind it.
♧ Thanks for the Add.
Welcome to the group

Dave

Welcome.
I grew up around folks who raced at the drag strip, and I helped rebuild their racing 427's, 454's, all Chevy (Chevy rules!), etc.

I spend many a weekend at the drag strip, and even participated in bracket races, which was a bit of a joke, but great fun where you get to run in your stock vehicle down the dragstrip.

The earthshaking vibration and roar of those top cars was something to behold.

I miss those days for sure.
Nothing like the smell of nitro in the air.

Nice engines you have.
No doubt you have all the goodies inside.

Welcome.
I grew up around folks who raced at the drag strip, and I helped rebuild their racing 427's, 454's, all Chevy (Chevy rules!), etc.

I spend many a weekend at the drag strip, and even participated in bracket races, which was a bit of a joke, but great fun where you get to run in your stock vehicle down the dragstrip.

The earthshaking vibration and roar of those top cars was something to behold.

I miss those days for sure.
Nothing like the smell of nitro in the air.

Nice engines you have.
No doubt you have all the goodies inside.

I worked on Vern Moats Top Alcohol Funny Car Team then for Roland Leong Hawaiin Punch Team, Ron Capps, Jim Dunn Mooneyes team.
I helped Brad Anderson at his shop machining BAE Fatheads and doing Fabrication. Then I went thru a two battles with brain cancer. Ron Capps invited me to Indy last year and that's first time I've been to a race I wasn't working. I still get excited as I did at 9 yrs old at Cordova Dragway... watching the Chi-Town Hustler race.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1583555113184.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583555113184.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back