Off Topic Injury

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Today I went golfing with my oldest boy and a couple of his friends.

My boy has a pretty good golf swing and I trusted it a bit too far today.
I was standing about 20 feet ahead and 20 feet to the right of his position for his second
shot on the 10th hole. He hit the ball off the toe of the club and at my age I have the
agility of a 18 year old St. Bernard dog.

I did manage to make a turn and jump, but the ball made some serious contact with calf of my
right leg.

And I said:
"My beloved eldest son, my trust in your ability to strike a golf ball in a manner that will
sent on a true and straight trajectory has been betrayed by that errant shot that has
caused me great pain."

OK, there was beer involved, and there is a chance that my memory of those spoken words
may have been slurred just a little. Or A LOT!
Rof}

It was kind of funny and this limp won't last forever.
He beat me by three strokes. Next time I'll cripple him on the 10th and see how he fairs.
:D

He did have the shot of the day on the par 3, 18th hole.
His tee shot hit a partially open service door on the back of the club house. It bounced off
that door and stopped 9 inches from the cup. He sunk it for his very first Birdie.

All in all it was a great day of golf with the young bucks.
I did come in second on the score card! 8)

Rick

ouch ha ha thats funny . i was wrestling my kids friend 15 year old boy and he put me on the ground (after many attempts) any who when i hit the ground his elbow went into my rib cage and oh the paid . i now have one cracked rib ha ha i am finding out im not as young as i used to be . mind is there body is shot ha ha
now mind u im all of 275lbs and he is 100 or so lbs i commended him on a good job but i do owe him one now ha ha

Latest posts

Back