Odds-N-Ends Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff02

Reaction score
Where could one find the drawings for this engine?

Thanks, Jeff

Answered my on question "Two Shop Masters" a book for $45.00

Jeff,

Is the 'Odds-n-end' engine an engine that needs plans and drawings? Surely you design and build around the odds and ends you acquire? I have in mind an odds and ends engine and am actively accumulating useful parts.....got enough for about thirty at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julian.

Sorry, but this would be my First attempt at an IC Engine so I will need a lot of Guidance.

Jeff,

Look at The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos. I think the Odd-N-Ends is there. I have the Two Shop Masters and it isn't included.

John

John is correct. "The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos" book does include the Odds'n Ends engine. There is a copy available on eBay right now.

The engine was originally featured in Home Shop Machinist Magazine, beginning with the Nov/Dec 1986 issue (I believe it was concluded in the following issue), so there's another possible source for plans.

Paula

HSM-CVR.jpg

Bob Shores' "Little Angel" engine is approximately half the size of the Odds'n Ends engine:

Little Angel: 1/2" Bore x 1/2" Stroke, 2.50" Flywheels

Odds'n Ends: 1" Bore x 1-3/8" Stroke, 4-15/16" Flywheels

Both models are loosely based on the full-size Witte engine design:

WITTE_FS.jpg

(Photo courtesy Tony Leonard)

They're all neat engines! ;D

Paula

JP2 said:
Look at The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos. I think the Odd-N-Ends is there. I have the Two Shop Masters and it isn't included.

Yes, those plans are in that book, I just checked my copy :)

Mike

Latest posts

Back