New Year's Resolutions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wareagle

Reaction score
We are about to embark on a new year. This one went by rapidly!!

Our resolution for the new year:

Simplify life. There will be a thorough cleaning and thinning of all the "things" around our place. It is is broken, damaged, not needed, won't fit, unfindable, forgotten, or whatever, then it is gone. The idea is to spend more time together rather than hunting for and maintainting all of the "stuff".

Anyone have a New Year's Resolution?

LOL... the only resolution I've ever kept was the one to never make resolutions anymore. That one worked.

Steve

I'm going to buy bigger pants, so people will think I've lost some weight:O)

Wes
Bought new jeans tonight... 33 in waste down from 36in . First downsize in 20 years... I'm chuffed...LOL

Steve

wareagle said:
We are about to embark on a new year. This one went by rapidly!!

Our resolution for the new year:

Simplify life. There will be a thorough cleaning and thinning of all the "things" around our place. If it is broken, damaged, not needed, won't fit, unfindable, forgotten, or whatever, then it is gone.
...and your resolution next year will be "There will be no unnecessary disposal of 'things' as it's too expensive to replace them.";)

Seriously though, we NEED to make that resolution around here as well. The problem is making that painful decision as to what we really should keep. I'm ashamed to set foot in my big 'ol attic. 17 years of putting stuff up there that's "too good to throw out" has it just about full.

I knew I'd need my daughter's outgrown roller blades I pitched up there 10 years ago though....the bearings worked great in my little finger engine!:)

I have a goal to complete at least one new model project each year, and I can usually hold to it.

I need to clean house too, but if the item has laid around for the past twenty years, you can bet I'll be looking for it the day after I dispose of it.

Frank

PolskiFran said:
I have a goal to complete at least one new model project each year, and I can usually hold to it.

I need to clean house too, but if the item has laid around for the past twenty years, you can bet I'll be looking for it the day after I dispose of it.

Frank

That's the way it always seems to work out for me so I don't seem to get rid of anything anymore. I now have an appreciation for the pile of stuff my grandfather collected. I still have coffee cans full of nuts and bolts and various other things that I got from him...:)

I would like to commit to one new model a year also...hopefully I can do that in the new year.

Along the lines of building a model each year, that is definately a goal! What amazes me is how these guys can bang out a model in a week or two, and do one right after another. My hats off to them! It would be nice to have the time to get out there and be that active in the shop, but am afraid that life work just gets in the way! :mad:

Latest posts

Back