Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard airfoil6205. Feel free to contribute any time! Shop equipment not required!

Not sure where you are on getting a shop set up, but may the journey be short and fulfilling.

Hello All

I'm from Perth in Western Australia.

Retired from the Medical Imaging profession - X-Rays,CT Scans, Ultrasound and MRI.

Main intersts are Ham Radio, collecting and restoring old Meccano and small steam engines.

I have a Sieg C3 7" x 14" mini-lathe with most of the fruit, drill press and lots of hand tools.

Regards

John

Welcome John,
To what is becoming a truly international site.
Anything that you can contribute, please do so, we love to see what people are up to.
If you need to know anything, just ask away, the members on here are more than helpful when a fellow member hits a problem.
I am sure you will get a lot more greetings when their time zone comes around.

John

Hi John,
I live in Perth too.
Nice to get another local member.
I'm still building my workshop at the moment but hope to have it finished soon. (I hope)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Tony

Hello
I have been looking around in here for a few hours now and as with other boards I can't believe the craftsmenship of some of you! Outstanding to say the least, I gained intrest in this hobby years ago (about 30 years ago) but have not had the time place or pocket change to go after it so I am a newbie big time! My machine work is sloppy at best but improving. Thanks to tattoomike68 for sending me here and Rake60 for making me feel welcome with his intro post : From a Simple Beginning..... I am looking froward to learning more from all of you and hope I can add some color here and there. About me in a nut shell I have been in automotive repair for 32 years and am currently employed as a forest service mechanic in central Oregon. My wife is a professional embroider and runs a embroidery business from our home.
Dave
http://www.heathersbitchinstitchin.com/page/page/2478798.htm

Welcome, I have to warn you the machines and tools can become very addictive and expensive but at least we end up with something to show for our money. ;D

Many of the folks here do incredible work with modest machines and take their time and build one part at a time. I know its possible to make an engine with a hacksaw , file and a drill press. Once you have one that runs you are hooked. ;)

good luck,

mike.

Welcome d-m,

Though I live in NC, I get out to your area once or twice a year for business reasons (Eugene/Springfield area). Its beautiful country!! Hope you enjoy the group and can get back to your machining "roots"

Bill

Hi Dave,
Welcome to this group. You'll find a lot of interesting stuff going on here. I'm a newbie also and have gotten loads of help and useful info here. Some say (me included) I'm living in lala land because I'm retired, healthy AND I can afford to be in this hobby to the extent that I get great personal satisfaction from what I can do. :big:

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks all for the welcome I will post some pic's as soon as time allowes
We like it here also Bill winters are a bit long, but it beats Douglas AZ all to HE#$ we moved from there in 03 (google douglas)

Hello to all from Oakville, Ontario, Canada . What a great site! I dabble in the model engineering hobby and woodworking. I also ride and maintain my vintage motorcycles. I will certainly be spending some time browsing all the info presented here. Cooter

Latest posts

Back