Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard, Cooter.

Okay, now for the usual cautions and disclaimers ...

First the serious one: Safety, safety, safety. It can never be overemphasized.

The only dumb question is the one not asked. There's a lot of talent here ready and willing to help.

Size doesn't matter nor does power source be it gasoline, compressed gas (air and steam being gasses), electricity but not the common electric motor except for testing purposes, fingers or anything of that order. I don't know if wind counts.

"Off the beaten path" is the norm. Extra points if you're so far off that there's no name for where you are.

A sense of humor is highly recommended.

Anything vaguely resembling sanity is highly unrecommended.

There are a few others but you get the idea.

BEst regards,

Kludge

Hello to all!
I love to mechanically, I live in Brazil, and will be a great pleasure to participate the forum! ;D

Welcome to the best site Cooter.
All are helpful here, Just watch out for a
bloke called Kludge, can be a trifle unsettling for
newbies.
Baldrocker

Welcome to the club! ooooohh vintage motorcycles! I am a bike nut myself, whatcha got?

Eric

Welcome to the club Fabio! Brazil huh? Always wanted to go there!

Eric

Brazil yes, I live inside in my city has a factory in the (John Deere).
I have a workshop of around and cutter.
like much of the site, has great idea, very new thing.
Sorry for my English, I will try not to miss a lot.

thank you all!

alright another canuck in the house :D ;D :eek:

welcome cooter, if you like model work this is the place!!!

chuck (one of the other canucks)

Welcome Cooter, this is a great site and the growth shown recently in membership only reinforces that point. They more experienced members here are very helpful and I have certainly gained since joining. The main advice I would give is if in doubt .....ask....someone here will know the answer as there are professionals as well as very experienced model engineers....

Good luck....

Must admit I have been spying on everyone here for a couple months. I found the forum looking for plans for a LTD stirling engine I was planning to build. Found this site and think I am going to build a Flame Licker. Found a set of plans for "poppin".

Anyway I am a jack of all trades master of few. I have got the basics. 13x40 enco lathe and an enco mill 14"x36" ?? I belive. Got the other equipment welders, shear, presses, drillpresses etc. Can MIG, stick, and TIG weld. Not to hot on soldering or brazing.

I live in Georgia hence the UserID. From what I see there is a couple more Georgia people on here. I am not to far from KVOM?? I think it is that lives in Winder I am just in Conyers/Covington.

Hope to learn a couple things here. I interested in Model building to sharpen my machining skills. Always interested, had a an uncle was a machinist.

Scott

G'day Scott

welcome!!

hope you enjoy yourself

sounds like you have the skills i'm sure your you'll put in as much a you get out

cheers!!

jack

Scott, welcome to HMEM. We are glad to have ya with us! Make yourself at home.

Feel free to ask any questions you have as they come up. There is a very diverse group here as you know, and there likely isn't anything that this bunch can't get to the bottom of.

Scott
Welcome aboard from a nearby neighbor. I'm in the Greenville area of upstate SC as is Zeusrekning (Tim). I've met Kvom, George Seal and hopefully, soon to meet Julian Garret... all ol' Georgia boys in good standing.

Are you perhaps the Scott upon whom George has become heaping pain and affliction?....LOL

Steve

Back