New Member/ No experience

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndaddy

Reaction score
I recently joined and have picked some projects I would like to learn on. I am in South Carolina and have no metal working experience but have a wood shop and a metal lathe. Am putting together more machines. I have a question about which Milling machine I need to purchase. Where do I post the question? I look forward to my first project at age 64.

By the way, Forgot to introduce myself. My name is John. Grand kids call me Johndaddy. Friends call me Colonel. I retired from the Air Force in 1994 and own a small trucking company that hauls Jet fuel to Airports. This is an awesome forum for a beginner and am itching to start on something, Thought about the Stirling 60 or a finger engine.

John

Welcome. Check out the download section for a look at the beginner engine developed here. A good first engine, and one of the easier ones to make and get running.

John,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Colonel!

Tin's got you in the right direction...any questions or problems pipe up we'll help you.

Dave

Hi johndaddy

Welcome to the forum.
As you say a great source of information.
Don’t rush things, old dogs do learn new tricks; you will enjoy your learning curve.

Hi and welcome. I love this forum, hope you do too.

Back