New member from Maine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonGinger

Reaction score
I just saw a link to this site the other day and was very pleased to find it. A lot of great work here. Looks like tradition has it that new guys post a note here, so here is mine.

Ive been a model engineer for nearly 20 years now, and have built a few models. In recent years I seem to have fallen into the CNC hole and all Ive been doing is building CNC machines and tinkering with the software. Ive converted several mills to CNC- most recently a Jet knee mill.

Last year at the Cabin Fever Expo I did a conversion of an X2 minmill, which we raffled off at the end of the show. This year I will be running a 3 day Mach3 CNC workshop at Cabin Fever.

Note Im a great fan of the Cabin Fever shows- I would not miss one. I also like the NAMES show and have been to all of them as well. A few years ago I started the New England Model Engineering Society,neme-s.org and was president of it until I retired to Maine in 2002.

Ive also fallen into railroad work- 1:1 sacle, but 2 ft gauge, and have been helping to build a new boiler for the WW&F Ry #9.

I have a web site, plsntcov.8m.com with some info on some of my projects.

This looks like a great site, I will be following it closely.

Welcome to HMEM Ron.

I have visited your site many times.
Great work on it!

Good to have you join us.

Rick

Hey Ron!

I am a Mainer living in exile right now (NJ). From Androscoggin county...

Great to see a Main-ah on here. You going to the next Cabin Fever? I should be there as well as Tin and Phil. Curious to see the conversion of the X2. I just started the conversion of mine.

Eric

Ron,
You're reputation precedes you. Welcome.
Hope you enjoy the site. Lots of great work being done here.

Ron, we're pleased to have you with us! Welcome to HMEM!! Make yourself at home and we look forward to seeing your contributions!

Just spent an hour going thru your site, great stuff

Ron,

WELCOME to the forum
icon_welcome.gif

Regards
Bob :)

Hi Ron 8)

Nice web site, I've only scratched the surface but I'll be back, you gave me a shock to start with though, your picture looks just like my friend Mike who lives in North Yorkshire in the UK ............ you don't happen to have relatives over here do you :D

atb,

as a real newcomer to this game I look forward to your input.

Thanks

CC

Back