New Guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hello and thanks all. This is one active forum.

I follow the NAWCC forum. Tend to watch the electric clocks

I am building the 6 CI Just came back from more work on the pillow block.

I am in Bloomfield NY

Frank

Hello Frank, welcome to HMEM. I also share your interest in clocks, although I tend toward the old pendulum clocks.

Chuck

cfellows said:
Hello Frank, welcome to HMEM. I also share your interest in clocks, although I tend toward the old pendulum clocks.

Chuck

The Synchronome that I meniton is a old Pendulum master clock
http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/w1401.htm
My interest is in master clocks and slaves. IBM, Synchronome, ETC.

Frank

Welcome to the form if you like to work on clock's you will like it here. I got interested in clocks in the late 60's and ran a clock repair business for about eleven years Losing my wife to a heart attacked and me having to retire due to health issues I had to close my shop but I always enjoyed working on them. I come from southeast Colorado. Cliff

Hi, Frank, and welcome to the asylum. Sanity is not considered a virtue since no one in their right mind (or their left mind) would put themselves through what we do.

You'll find a broad range of expertise here including in ares that have absolutely nothing to do with machines. Well, not directly, anyway.

As far as timepieces go, I tend to favor Timex and dollar watches - the Great Unloved - 99% of which seem only to need a little bit of a clean and lube to make happy again. OTOH, I have a Seth Thomas rim-wind, rim-set clock I've not started on because I've not yet photographed the movement so it will go back together more or less as it should. I have no clue about these wind & set mechanisms so it's going to be an interesting adventure.

Otherwise, just watch out for the Fluffy Bunnies.

BEst regards,

Kludge

fdew said:
Hello and thanks all. This is one active forum.

I follow the NAWCC forum. Tend to watch the electric clocks

I am building the 6 CI Just came back from more work on the pillow block.

I am in Bloomfield NY

Frank

Hi Frank. I'm a bit late here in welcoming you. So welcome aboard.

So you live in Bloomfield. I'm west of you in West Bloomfield. Rog, (eleete) is in Rochester. Hey we almost, no we do have enough guys to have a get together.

If your interested in clocks then you need to stop by my place. Wife has a large collection of clocks that you may find interesting. She's a collector.

Again welcome and enjoy.

Bernd

BTW I went to Bloomfield school and graduated from there in '69.

Bernd said:
Hi Frank. I'm a bit late here in welcoming you. So welcome aboard.

So you live in Bloomfield. I'm west of you in West Bloomfield. Rog, (eleete) is in Rochester. Hey we almost, no we do have enough guys to have a get together.

Bernd

BTW I went to Bloomfield school and graduated from there in '69.

OK I just looked out the window to see if I could see you from the house. I am on Cox rd. I moved to Beautiful West Bloomfield / Ionia about 20 years ago. I must have seen you at the famous Ionia Tractor parade. BTW shouldn't there be a engine show there? I fwe each brought one, that would be a show.

Frank

Frank

Well your not to far from me then. I'm over on County #37 second driveway up from the highway sheds.

Never been to Ionia for the tractor show though even though I've lived around here since 1961. I do have a tractor but I don't think it qualifies as an antique yet.

Ever get a chance stop over. I'm home pretty muc of the time. Unexpected is OK.

Second driveway past the highway sheds. Turn right at 2594. .1 mile long drive. Brick house (not finished yet)

Bernd

Latest posts

Back