New Guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

M_Jerew

Hi im a new member. 20 years old from Ohio. I have been here for about 3 days now finally joined and am looking forward to share pics and the passion of making model engines.

my equipment
2005 14x40 "cutmaster" Lathe
1971 9x42 Bridgeport

I will try to get some pictures of these and the one engine ive already made up so all can enjoy.

I would like to thank the person(s) who started this forum and i am proud to be a member of.

Welcome M,

I am happy you joined.

If you look in the shop area we have threads for you to post your pictures. And of course if you have trouble with attachments we will be glad to help you.

Kenny

Welcome,
We are glad you decide to join us after giving us a good looking at, you must have liked what you saw.
We have Rake60 (Rick) to thank for starting the site as an experiment, and it has really taken off.
Feel free to join in.

John

Hi all,

im Rob from Leicester in the UK.

Im into Traction Engines, Narrow Gauge Railways, Steam in general, Canals, All things industrial realy.

I volunteer at Abbey Pumping Station in Leicester and help run our narrow gauge railway. We have a Simplex from Severn Trent Water, a Lister from a brickworks in Leicester, a Ruston/Hornsby, another Simplex and a Bagnall Steamer called Leonard. The railway is 2ft gauge and only about 500yds long, with a run round loop at each end. We are in the process of re-sleepering and re-laying the track, as the sleepers are hollow and getting dangerous to run passenegers on.

Im a member of the Steam Apprentice Club, which lets me drive lots of different peoples Traction Engines at organsied events.

I also live in spitting distance from Leicester North Station on the preserved Great Central Railway. Im also hoping to volunteer there on fridays in the loco shed.

I hope to build up my engineering skills as there are just about in-existant. The most i do at the moment is modifiying my Wilesco Traction Engine into a class "R" agricultural engine, which i will show you when its done in a few weeks.

Thats all i think,
Cheers...

Rob,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

I see you too think steam is a dream ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hi, ROb,

You've fallen in with a bunch of truly delightful scoundrels who know a lot of things and are willing to impart pretty much all of it using as many words as possible.

Oh, wait. No, that's me. I'm the verbose one. ;D

As Bob already said - by implication, at least - Steam is King and we are it's loyal subjects. Ain't it cool?

Best regards,

Kludge

thanks for the kind words.

i also have a garden railway which is 2/3rds complete. i have 19yds of track down so far. motive power is a accucraft edrig, 2 mamod sl2's and a lister. im a regular on the mamodforum.

im also a wild water canoeist and have been in the great britain junior team for the past 3 years. last year i went to the wprld champs in the USA, and was 15th. this year i went to the european champs in italy and came 12th, but closer to the winner than last year. if i was 1 second a minute fatser over the 8 minute race, i would be european champion...

enough boasting, ill try and put some pics of my loco's up.

Hi Just found you guys. I am working on a PM Design steam engine.

Background is 30 years as a mechanical designer, 14 with my own business. I have had a mill and lathe for a long time but didn't have time to do much, or much tooling. I bought a old clock with some missing parts and made the parts to fix it. (Synchronome) When I finished I was disappointed, I guess I have the bug.

Frank

Hi Frank and welcome to the board.
You should be careful about getting sucked into these things (clock repairs) I am currently studying the British Horological Institutes distance learning courses on clock and watch making, so i can appreciate the sense of achievement when you got your clock working. With your background you will i am sure be a real asset to the board and hopefully will be able to take some things from it also. Any chance of some pictures of your clock ?
I am glad you have joined us and look forward to seeing you around the board.

Kind regards

Malcolm

P.S. What part of the world are you from ?

Pictures, Now there's a thought, I need to take some. I had to make the pendulum, suspension spring and hanger, bob, and thd the ramp that drives the clock. It was interesting because there are no complete sets of drawings left for the synchrome. I modeled the clock in CAD and made a set. BTW It is a Synchronome master, native to UK I am in New York USA near Rochester.

Glad to meat you.

Frank

Frank
If you are interested in clocks at all it's worth joining the NAWCC.COM (National association of watch and clock collectors) message board.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Hey, fdew! Fellow Neu Yarker myself, in Brighton (SE suburb of Rochester). Bernd is a bit further south - he'll be by to offer his welcome soon, I'll bet.

Which PM design? Turns out Bernd and I both have the coke bottle engine. He's started his, I haven't done much to mine, yet. I plan on making a copy of their mill engine one of these days.

Where, exactly are you located? Maybe we can get together to compare notes.

BTW, my dad was a watchmaker a long time ago. Still repairs the occasional watch or clock for friends.

Latest posts

Back