New guy here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seans883

Reaction score
Hi my name is Sean I have been lurking here for a while and am finally getting around to posting and introducing my self. I'm 25 recently married 6 months ago and have been machining for about 4 and a half years. I have an associated degree in mechanical engineering technology from Pennstate and am about to finish my journeymans apprenticeship. I live in southwestern PA where my wife and I bought our first home a year and a half ago when I was finally able to set up my shop. I have a harborfreight x2 mill and 8x12(14) lathe and a bunch of old wood working tools which I restore and a bunch of hand tools which i have been collecting since around the age of 10 I guess you could say I'm a bit of a tool junkie lol. here are some pictures of my garage/shop space.
DSCN0372-1.jpg

Welcome Sean. Any projects in the works yet?

Cheers,
Phil

I just finished the adapter for my 4 jaw chuck and am currently working on making a x axis power feed for the mill. I have plans to built a couple engines but who knows when i'll get to them I would like to build a rotary valve engine based of the plans in the home machinist magazine but I would also like to build a 4 stroke webster.

I don't have any construction pictures of the chuck adapter but here's one with the chuck mounted.
DSCN0375.jpg

And here are some pictures of the motor mount for the power feed.
DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

The power feed is based upon a cheap 18v cordless drill from one of those truck tool sales here's a picture of the rest of the parts.
DSCN0376.jpg

welcome wEc1

nice looking shop, clean and lot's of room Thm:

keep us posted on the power feed you are working on (we like pictures and write ups) ;D

chuck

Sean,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to HMEM Sean

Nice looking shop!

Rick

seans, congrats on the mariage, you have a good looking shop going there. I started in a two car garage not to many years ago.

Have fun.

Sean,
Welcome to HMEM.

Great looking shop! Man, I sure get jealous of you guys that have lots of room to work in ;D

Kevin

There's not as much room as it looks the wife has to park her car in there and i'll be moving my project truck from storage to the other side next weekend.

Latest posts

Back