New from Massachusetts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
Hello all you fellow modelers!

Bought my first lathe/mill about 2 years ago and have built (4) small stationary steam engines with one more in the works. I have also started my first locomotive but that's going to take a few years to complete. I am a CAD guy by trade and have been doing mechanical engineering and design for about 15 years now. I started putting old steam engine plans into 3D CAD and thought it would be even better to manufacture them....so I did and here I am.

I've got a boat load of 3D CAD models so if anyones interested please send me an email.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Chris

Welcome aboard, Chris. Look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas.

Chuck

Welcome to the group. They are always willing to help. There are no stupid questions, just silly people who won't ask questions. Some one else may be wondering about the same thing.

Ron

Welcome Chris,
I to am a CAD guy Sw Inventor MD 20 something years. Can you post some screen shots of your CAD models? It would be nice to see what you have going on.
Tony

Tony,

Absolutely....here are models of the engine I have built.

Hopefully they get attached properly.

Chris

LINEY MACHINE.JPG

WOBBLE PLATE ENGINE.JPG

TWIN CYLINDER ASSEMBLY.JPG

TWIN CYLINDER ASSEMBLY.JPG

STEAM ENGINE.JPG

Here is a picture of the engine I am currently making. Elmer's geared steam engine.

I'm also working on a locomotive on the side....Little Engines Le'Crab.

GEARED STEAM ENGINE.JPG

GEARED STEAM ENGINE.JPG

FRAME ASSEMBLY.JPG

Thanks Tony...if you have any pics I'd like to see them. I also use Inventor but not as well as Solid Works.

Chris

Chris,
I do solidworks all day at work. When I go home it's the last thing I want to see. I eat dinner and it's off to the shop!!
Tony

Welcome to the forum!
Nice 3D stuff... I'm especially interested in the locomotive. ;D

Welcome aboard Chris, look forward to seeing more.

CC

Thank you everyone! It's difficult to find anyone (at least where I am) who is interested in model engine building.

Building unique and interesting engines is such a great hobby to have.

It looks like I'm in the right place.

Chris,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back