Need to take some time

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc1955

Gone
Reaction score
I need to take some time and go back to the motor I started about the same time as a build of the engine started on the board then I got side tracked and built the walking beam engines. It's setting on the shelf waiting for some attention. I would like to take the beam apart and do some polish and paint to make it like its brother. Plus I have 3 other engines I would like to get built. So many things to do and build and so little time. :big: :big:

group1.jpg

ivvacuum.jpg

Hi Doc

My priority in the hobby is to design, do the machining and finally assembling/test running my engines.
I also find it hard to get the motivation to do the finnishing job like polishing and so on.

But people who uses words like "oh its a shinny beauty" , but never recognise the beauty in the mecanics and the build of complicated parts, isn't worth showing one's work ;)

you are not alone.
I have a ldt sterling that is assembled but not running.
A see through concept model of a elbow that needs lots of work
a tiny that needs a piston and cylinder
a wobble plate started
a a mine engine about 75% done just need to do the other 75%
A couple of mill engines started
a little co2 engine started
Elmers single cylinder two piston apposed started.
A couple of rockers just need cylinders.
Just completing what I started will just about double my collection.
It has been too long since completing an engine.
Tin

I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes :big: I see some one start a build here and go oh I want to try and build one of those! I'm glad to see I'm in good company.

doc1955 said:
I feel like a kid in a candy store sometimes :big: I see some one start a build here and go oh I want to try and build one of those! I'm glad to see I'm in good company.

You are not alone, LOL

JimN

Latest posts

Back