• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted wantedLive Steam Green twin article, 2nd issue May/June 2021

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Eggleston

Reaction score
Would like to have a scanned copy of an article in the may/june 2021 issue of live steam & Outdoor railroading. Article has dimensions of a scratch built engine started in previous issue(March/April 2021 issue) titled THE Green Twin, Especially interested in drawings with dimensions as I would like to build one of these with parts generated with 3d Scanner. Would be happy to pay any reasonable copy cost for the 2nd article of this engine. Please send to my attention at [email protected].

You might find purchasing a one year subscription with access to now several years of digitalized back issues your best bargain. You will also, I believe, get access to the now-discontinued Digital Machinist. At least I do with my subscriptions to two of their other magazines.

"Greentwin" is a member here and may be able to help rather than taking liberties with the copyrighted material

My reply was to the OP who wanted scanned COPIES (from original or digital) of the mag which is taking liberties. As are his other two posts asking for copies of plans for other engines.

Digital sub is OK as is buying a back issue or an old issue.

Also even though Pat (greentwin) has made his originals open-source. Live Stem still hold copyright to what they presented it as in their mag.

To clarify a bit, I had a discussion with the editor of Live Steam Magazine about the use of my material for the green twin.

Per the editor, my green twin original material remains under my copyright, and I can use it anywhere for any reason.
Live steam has used some of my green twin material to create a unique set of six magazine articles, and those articles are copyrighted by Live Steam Magazine, and are not copyrighted by me.

The Live Steam drawings for the green twin were derived from my green twin drawings.
The green twin drawings in the Live Steam magazine are copyrighted by Live Steam, since they are a unique re-arrangement of my drawings.

My green twin drawings located on this site are open-sourced for non-commercial use (commercial use is not allowed).

I can create a complete build thread here for the green twin.
It appears that I have a partial build thread here now at the link below.

https://www.homemodelenginemachinis...green-twin-oscillator-drawings-by-patj.34341/

My reply was to the OP who wanted scanned COPIES (from original or digital) of the mag which is taking liberties. As are his other two posts asking for copies of plans for other engines.

Digital sub is OK as is buying a back issue or an old issue.

Also even though Pat (greentwin) has made his originals open-source. Live Stem still hold copyright to what they presented it as in their mag.
Now I understand! Your post didn't quote the original, so I thought it was in response to the immediately preceding post. Sorry for my confusion.

Latest posts

Back