Need some gift advise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgbrv8

Reaction score
I have a friend of mine that is also a machinest/engineer/fabricator. His birthday is coming up and he always gives me very thoughtful gifts, tools and shop assessorys. He is well tooled up himself and he is more into Cnc the I am. Any ideas you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Hi Dave

The first thing that came to mind was a set of small carbide endmills. One can never have enough of them.

Vince

Is he a fisherman? Perhaps some new like a fishing rod and reel to take his mind away from his engineering projects.A Digital Vernier Caliper with memory?

Now we are talking good thinking guys.

Dave

a fifth of Laphroaig... nuthin better ;)

If he has a family, buy them tickets to go to something without him so he can have some shop time :D

One gift I always like to receive is a book, there are things like 'Shop Tricks & Tips, Norm Abrams 'Measure Twice Cut Once" its not a how to book its more like a, Thinking Book. A very interesting book not shop related, is "Franklin and Winston" about FDR and Churchill's relationship during the war. GW Bush "Decision Points".

A shop item that hangs on the wall never to be used, I bought real cheap on ebay a couple of 20+" old micrometers, look great. I also have recently bought some old S wrenches, and a S adjustable wrench, paint and polish and unique.

You can see one of the micrometers in my avatar.

Latest posts

Back