N..E.M.E. S Show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great day at the show, good turn out of both exhibitors and viewers. There seemed to be a lot of kids, and they all seemed to like it. The museum has a new education director and she did a great job getting the word out.

Tin loaned me a penny to take a photo of an engine built by Les Russel. Less is a long time club member, great machinist, and like to make small things.

LesEngine.JPG

Ron is that one of those 3" novelty pennies sold on E-Bay?

Either way that's still a very very tiny engine!

-MB

Now do you really think Tin would carry around a 3" penny and use it to photo models?

;D ;D ;D

RonGinger said:
Now do you really think Tin would carry around a 3" penny and use it to photo models?

;D ;D ;D

Can't say for sure.... But how likely is it that any one would have a genuine 1909-S Lincoln Cent in UA condition loose in their pants pocket?

:big:

-MB

Errrr what are we looking at then?
All I can see is a 1909 coin

Dave

Click on the picture and it will blow up in scale

Then look just above the date.....there's a wobbler engine...a very small wobbler.

Dave

I've had enough trouble today, you're not catching me that easy ;D
That looks like Mr Lincoln on the coin, he was dead by 1909, even I know that.
Dave

No I'm pulling your leg I see it.

Hard to comprehend how to make something that small. It is not just a magnfying glass and tweezers.
Dave

Tin Falcon said:
Doors open at 8:00 for exhibitors it is on the flier (really)
Tin ::)

Hi Tin
It was great to meet you and Mrs. Tin at the show this past Saturday! So much to see in a small place! Some really fine examples of machining expertise were there. It was quite a turnout for a fairly small circle of machinists. I even ended up explaining planetary gearing to a person who showed up to see how steam engines work. Why he thought planetary gears were necessary to steam engines I'll never know. But he was satisfied. Sandi had a good time but got bored fairly quick. (Next year I will leave her home!). The pictures I took don't do justice to the machines.

silly question for the folks that exhibited at the show.
There was a lady handing out invitations to the open house at the Boston waterworks museum .
Did any one else besides me get the impression she was inviting folks to display at the open house?
Tin

Latest posts

Back