My smallist engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesWimshurst

DavesWimshurst
Reaction score
Been playing with my camera and thought others might like to see an engine under steam. It's the thimble engine design by J Senft. I deviated from the original design by spinning my own thimble out of copper and changed the piston material from stainless steel to brass. I couldn't make a number 78 drill (0.016 inch) go through ss late at night!

Dave

Dave,

Neat Sweet and petite. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Steve,
It's 1/16 inch bore and stroke. The flywheel is 0.25 inch dia. by 0.10 inch thick. I probably should have simulated spokes but my eyes hurt by then. I wound up fashioning drills out of sewing needles. The shafts were bits of needles and small music wire as needed. I made two but one didn't run as well so I usually pass that one around to onlookers while running the good one.
Dave

Very nice piece

sounds like its going some nice revs any idea how fast

Wayne

Good grief! I thought it was fly or something and your finger was going to flick it off!

Very nice.

Love it! Aren't the small ones a joy to build. ;) Truth is, I'll bet you got a lot of satisfaction when it ran for the first time. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nice Work! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

Must say your eyes are better that mine.
th_wav Great Job th_wav

Regards

Philly

Wow! :eek:
That's impressive!
Elmers Tiny was enough for my eyesight.

Mark

Dave, that's ridiculously small!! Well done :bow:

Your next challenge is to build a valve-operated engine of similar size :big: :big:

Latest posts

Back