My mill is growing tentacles!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

websterz

Reaction score
Needing both light and a chip shield on my G0704 I borrowed V 45's light mount idea, and also made a block for mounting my gooseneck chip shield.

shield.jpg

The light mount is almost identical to V's except I mounted the power jack on the back side. Otherwise I would just end up hamfisting the dang thing and breaking it off. :-[

The chip shield is mounted on a 1/2" diameter gooseneck that came on a different lamp many moons ago. It served so well as a chip shield mount on my x2 I decided to keep it in service. The one mod I made was to cut the threaded end off so I could run it through an adjustable mount. I retapped the hole in the top of the mill for a 2" long 1/4-20 SHCS. Two 1/4-20 setscrews hold the gooseneck in place and are adjustable for height through the full range of movement of the mill head. It is easily flexed up and out of the way when not needed. Now that I know it will work I will pull the mount and chamfer all those knuckle-busters (square corners). ;D

closeup.jpg

flexed.jpg

Mosey said:
It looks like the ICU in there. Mind if I copy?

Hahahahaha :big: Never thought about it, but it sure does! :bow:

Copy away, it's only half my idea anyway. You have to post pics though.

Looks great !! I'll have to make something similar now !! :) I need a chip guard too !!

Latest posts

Back