My Briggs and Stratton Scooter Fresh Model NP Block Castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome - look forward to seeing some of your work.

Appreciate it kf2qd and Pat. I have put together a few of the Briggs NP engines in the past because it was used as the powerplant for a popular scooter. Later I want to look at some of the scaled Aermotors that are out there. Do you have a favorite engine that you build or work on?

PatJ, your dads scooter looks alot like the design found in "The Boy Mechanic" of around 1940 issue. Still have the book after al these years. Brings back a flood of memories.

Pat,
Folks that could "do it themselves". With applied knowledge and creativity they built their own "stuff", I love it! Something about that always amazes me. Those home made jobs were probably more fun as they had the sense of accomplishment creating what they used. Thanks for posting!
Jake

Being an antique small engine collector, specializing in Briggs and Stratton, I'm intrigued.

I have a fully restored Briggs "N" in my collection.

1943%20Briggs%20N%20Finished%20Front.jpg

As for the Doodle Bug scooters, I've only ever seen two of them in person.
Both went for more than my self imposed limit at the auctions or I would have one of them as well.

I'm looking forward to more posts Jake!

Rick

Latest posts

Back