More LED shop lights

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gld

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone using these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips...t-Bulb-Daylight-4-ft-10-Pack-472910/303040479

About a year and half ago I purchased a 10 pack of Phillips T8 led replacement bulbs for my shop. I have 4 4 tube fixtures in my shop. About a month ago I discovered one tube was not lit. Took it back to Home Depot, naturally I did not save my receipt, but they took my word and replaced it. So two days, it was pretty dark on one side of shop, and looked up to discover 5 more tubes not lit. Thankfully they have a 5 year warranty.

Anybody else experiencing this mass failure???

Ii'm considering converting my shop over to led but yesterday i purchased an led globe for my electronics / 3d printer room - 24w at 2700 cp and supposedly equivalent to a 150w incandescent globe -this thing is like the sun ! It only cost $20 au so i may fit a few to my workshop in place of a few pokey little fluoro lights here and there .

I haven't used that brand but I have replaced traditional flouro tubes and also installed new LED-only fixtures and all have worked perfectly. Just checking - you did change the ballasts at the time you replaced the tubes right? I don't know if the LED's would even operate with the flouro ballasts but I imagine they wouldn't do the tubes much good if they did.

Getting ready to get back into my shop, my friend called round to fit twin row 6000 daylight LED strip lights. I bought off eBay in a packet of 10 4ft tubes.
All he needed to do was remove the starter from the ballast unit and they were ready to go, 1 minute for each unit. The old ballast units can be used as an ignition unit for my Aermotor when it eventually gets built.
The results were amazing, instant starting and double the brightness of the old fluoro lights.

John

I have bought bypass 4' Led bulbs for $4+ shipping and am converting the shop and basement over. Excellent light+ some savings. Possibly get rid of one fixture that hums loudly, instant on works well so far in a humid troubles pot.

Latest posts

Back