Model display shelf

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
Reaction score
Hi

Got a start on a display area for my models. Two of them are big and they each weigh nearly 100 pounds. My space is small so the models had to be stored close to the wall. To provide for displaying both sides I have built a shelf that sits on a Lazy-Suzan. The drawer slides are rated at 200 pounds. The Minnie still needs to be secured to the deck. It needs to be very secure as I live about 20 miles from the center of Mt Saint Helens. Recently we have been experiencing 40 to 50 earthquakes a week. Tiny ones but it keeps one reminded to keep everything secured.

Mark T

Display-1.jpg

Display-2.jpg

Display-3.jpg

Yep.....the display shelves, bases and tables sometimes show the craftsmanship of the models they are intended for. You build enough engines, you run outta room. My entertainment center was getting crowded with Stirlings and I went to Home Depot 2 yrs ago for a couple of 1x 10inch whitewashed fiberboard shelving and brackets to mount high on the wall in the 'putor room. Should be good for several years til another one needed. My gas models sit on a sofa table in the hallway... but that holds about 4 engines, smaller, not as heavy as your gear dnalot. **** Dave

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Latest posts

Back