miniature model flight simulator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A truly amazing model and really interesting watching it develope.

Randy

Get out of here! this is the coolest thing I've seen!
do they have a project of the year award?

th_confused0052

take care,

tom in MA

That's just WILD !! I never would have thought to model something like that :D

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Mike

Very well done Hobby! I have been following along with great pleasure and the result is amazing. Have a good weekend, regards Jeroen

Wow, sorry guys,
I didn't acknowledge your kind compliments a few days ago, when all these were made,
usually I like to wait until I have another installment, before I respond to the replies given, so as to not put my thread back at the top of the list without a progress report, but when I happened to see my thread on page 1 again, I thought I better open this up, and wow, all these kind replikes, I thought I better acknowledge these even though I don't have any progress installments at the moment.

So first,

THANKYOU everyone, for the nice inputs, that gives me an incentive to keep up with this project to the finish.

Kel,
Thankyou for the nice compliment.
I was using 3in1 oil for the demonstration, since I have no seals anywhere I do get air in the lines after awhile of use, however surprisingly, have not seen any significant leaks, after sitting on the bench for a week.
The air gets into the lines when I drive the actuators, past the model cylinders piston throw, and the oil has to go somewhere so out the cylinders.
Hopefully when I get a joystick made, I can controle better the amount of pressure on the actuators.

Thankyou, everyone for the encouraging compliments.
It is compliments like that that help keep us going on with our projects.

Thankyou,

Kel, Carl, Ron, Kevin, Randy, Tom, Mike, Jeroen.

And anyone I may have missed.

I, have been working on making some tool holders for my lathe, to get a small break away from this main project, since it is mostly all probably balsawood model making now, so I need to step back and take a small breather to think through how to build the rest of this, so in the meanwhile, I've been working on tooling projects.
Eventually, I am going to convert my micromill from gear driven, to belt pulley driven, because the gear bushings are becoming a bother to keep on repairing, so either I will buy the kit from littlemachineshop. or fabricate my own.

As well as keeping up with the build on this model too.

Until then thanks again guys,
I will be posting more on this as it progresses again, just a small delay for the moment.

Have fun in the shop...

hobby. Truly remarkable work.

I'd love to develop just HALF the skills you are exhibiting here. :D

Keep up the good work. I'll certainly be tracking the remainder of your progress.

When this is all built, will you make me one for my kids? :)

Hi "checkedout"
Thankyou for posting the nice compliment.

------------------------------------------------

Progress has gone from model engineering mode, to model making mode.

I have a base made for it, and permanent attachment of all the model parts to it with a contact cement glue.

The begining of the joystick is shown, still need to fabricate a handle for it, then attach it by spring tension to the center of its location.

Then begin model making a cabin to sit ontop of the table unit.

Here is one pic. to date on the model.

Have a great week.

364.jpg

It's a truly remarkable bit of work!

I hope you have a nice big mantel over your fireplace because, after you take that thing to your first model engineering exhibition, you're going to have a bunch of whacking great trophies to find place for.

Tel,
Thankyou , for the complement. Very well appreciated.

Marv,
A trophie winner, gee, I never thought of that.. scratch.gif
But anyway, thankyou for the real nice complemnt, it is very well appreciated...

Checkedout:
Thanks for checking in,
about that modfel for your kids, I think it would be a good idea not to let them see this thread,
otherwise you may be building one of these for them... ;D
when I post the video of it finally running, I'll put a note , " adult content, kids, you must have your parents permission to view this video"..... th_rulze

Thanks again everyone..
Have a great day..

Latest posts

Back