Milwaukee 2h vertical mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Entropy,

looks like it should work. Important is that is has a internal thread at the back end.
Attention, there are different threads for NT. US and some japanese machinery usually have 3/4", Europeen M20. Check the thread before ordering

Sorry can't tell you anything about US suppliers because I do not live in the states.

Mike

The machine originated at a US Navy shipyard. It has the 'War Finish' grey paint with blue lettering, which means the military originally purchased the machine as part of the WWII buildup effort.

A community college got it from the Navy back in the 80s, and I just purchased it from the college (they were making room for a new CNC machine).

The ways are in alsmost perfect condition. I couldn't be more pleased!

I estimate that it weighs a tad over 3500 pounds. Does anyone know what the actual weight is?

I think I can easily remove and change the tool-holder retaining bolt, if needed - for use with the ENCO NMTB tool holders.

The machine originated at a US Navy shipyard. It has the 'War Finish' grey paint with blue lettering, which means the military originally purchased the machine as part of the WWII buildup effort.

A community college got it from the Navy back in the 80s, and I just purchased it from the college (they were making room for a new CNC machine).

The ways are in alsmost perfect condition. I couldn't be more pleased!

I estimate that it weighs a tad over 3500 pounds. Does anyone know what the actual weight is?

I think I can easily remove and change the tool-holder retaining bolt, if needed - for use with the ENCO NMTB tool holders.

I have the same machine. Milwaukee 2HL. Mine was built in 1941, and also has the US navy insignia on the front of the knee. Mine weighs 3600 lbs, and takes 40 taper tool holders. I bought a set from enco several years ago and have no complaints. E-bay will also be a good place to look.

You are correct about the #40 taper.

I found an old manual online that stated the spindle was #50 taper - the manual is clearly in error.

Latest posts

Back