Milling Vice "What is this" ???

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ageless

Reaction score
Hello All;
I received these two rectangular pieces with my 5" milling vice, there was also two small screws that came with it.
I have looked at the vice trying to find where they might fit but have not found any small bolt holes.
I at first thought they where stop blocks but can not find anything indicating that.
Do you have any suggestions??

Sorry about the image as I cannot seem to get it to accept it????

Vice Pieces.jpg

Have you looked on the underside of the vise?

Ageless said:
Hello All;
I received these two rectangular pieces with my 5" milling vice, there was also two small screws that came with it.
I have looked at the vice trying to find where they might fit but have not found any small bolt holes.
I at first thought they where stop blocks but can not find anything indicating that.
Do you have any suggestions??

Sorry about the image as I cannot seem to get it to accept it????

Quick alignment keys. The attach to the underside of the vise and help align it in the T-slots.

Hello All;
Hummm under the vice, that is the only place I did not look as the vice has been mounted for over a month and one half.
Thank you all for the information, when I remove the vice I will set them up.

Best Regards

You should measure them before you mount them. I had to mill some recesses like a "T" nut on mine because they were wider than my slots. ;)

My vice came with those. I would not trust the accuracy of these to square the vice. When I use mine its .005 out of square. (I suppose this can be fixed by milling one down) but I would check anyway.

kel

Latest posts

Back