Men with Their Machines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;D - me and the BOSS....
The boss have the red tail feathers :big:
normal_Dance2.JPG

rake60 said:
And a more current one.

DamianandGrandpa.jpg

Rick

Rick, You've gotten smaller and are now being carried around by your grandfather! How'd you do that?

These pictures show me and some of my summer machines up in Canada.

Here I am on my See-Doo, on lake Kaminiskeg in Combermere Ontario last summer. I flliped it twice that day, and lost my glasses once. All in a days fun.

1p1010859.jpg

Here's me on my small ATV. I fear flipping this thing. They tell me it can be painfull if I break any bones. I (almost) allways wear a helmet. This short trip down the drive way in Barry's Bay Ontario was for the picture.

2p1010848.jpg

I took my dog "Snowball" for a canoe ride. He likes boating as much as I do.

3p1000987.jpg

Here I'm up in Canada on a flat paved road, and in the home stretch towards town. You can't see it in the picture, but I'm a little tense. I just crawled down a mountain on a sand/gravel road pulling 120,000 lbs. of lumber with my friends 'B train'. The hard part is backing it up into the truck yard. I go on two or three of these short mountain runs in the summer, and bring lumber loads down to the yard just for the fun and excitement, while "Honey" goes shopping.

4p1010046.jpg

This coming summer I'll be learning to flying a small private plane! I know, I'm a little nuts for an old guy! :big:

-MB

rake60 said:
OK, I'll show a couple.

High School Graduation Picture - 1978
Leisure Suits were cool! ::)

1978.jpg

I haven't changed a bit........Have I? *knuppel2*
:D

Your hair was a bit longer then too :p

OK, you asked for it.

Here I am with Jo Ann at the local steam show.
steamer2.jpg

One of my favorite toys.
JoCharliebike.jpg

And my other toy.
IMG_0269.jpg

Charlie

Metal Butcher said:
This coming summer I'll be learning to flying a small private plane! I know, I'm a little nuts for an old guy! :big:

-MB

Rick, you will love it. Let is know when you start and how you like it.

Charlie

-MB
Let me know if you have any questions about flying. I'm or used to be a CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI and ATP. You'll get to know what all that means.

Tony

Couple more, 'cause the first one I posted doesn't look like me as much as I like.

winchesterlake.jpg

premopony.jpg

The last one looks like me, but you can't tell. :)

Dean

Managed to grab a couple of photos from my wife's facebook...

This is me in Brussels. I was visiting my wife who had been assigned there last year (she's home now).

d621c351.jpg

Can you see the resemblance to my avatar?

Here's my family.

Teresa (T)...my wife and best friend for 34 years.
Margaret (Maggie)...my younger daughter.
Katherine (Katy)...my eldest daughter.
Sydney(Syd)...my grandaughter (Katy's).
Brian (idiot, meathhead, thief of daughter)...Katy's husband.

9db85c81.jpg

I may be lacking in many respects...but I done well here. I'm a most fortunate man.
Thanks for the opportunity to show them off.

Still can't find someone who knows how to use a camera.

IMG_1127.jpg

Need to start calling myself cobra462. 500hp on the dyno

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

LWF0002.jpg

The airplane I fixed 2/86 catastrophic engine failure at 200 feet on take off. Trees and airplanes don't like each other

Tony

This was taken July 4, 2009. I'm loading up my plate for one of my favorite activities... eating! Some may notice this is also the photo my avatar is taken from.

8ed60cfc.jpg

Chuck

Seeing all of you guys in reality shots is just amazing! I couldn't resist posting a few comments.

Trout, your beard does you justice. It conceals any resemblance to your younger avatar picture. But the "What, me worry" attitude you can't hide! And yea, you don't look to be at retirement age, and that's a good thing!

Charlie, I always thought the picture in your avatar was a 'model' airplane. What a shock! Your second posted pic tells it all. Most guys would have their right hand on the bikes handle bar! If all goes well, I'll post my flying adventures in the fall. Fall meaning time of year, not my flight status! BTW, I can't seem to identify your bike. I might need to focus on it little more.

Dean, No surprise at all. You look exactly like I pictured you. I might have seen your picture somewhere before. And, you look like an experienced professional photographer!

Zee, your pic floored me. I'm totally shocked! You look like a guy that can handle himself well. I wouldn't be afraid to walk into the baddest biker bar in town, with you covering my back. All you would need is a leather jacket.

Tony, that's one bad ass car and motor. I see you like excitement, and push for the very edge. I think that the plane (yours?) could use a little Bondo. I hope my buddy's plane doesn't end up like that with me at the controls. Its planned to be a pontoon plane, and trees shouldn't get in the way if I keep it high enough to make it to the next lake. There are lakes every few miles, way up there in Eastern Ontario.

Good for you Chuck! Eating is also at the top of my list. Honestly though, You look like you could eat a little more, and it would be O.K.

-MB

Not my plane MB
I was instructing at the time and it was a company plane. I gave my student (Marine Maj.) one hell of a ride! I was transitioning a few Marine Helo pilots to fixed wing. The Maj. drew the short straw.

Tony

Warts n all

hair.jpg

Somewhat less warty

DaG.jpg

Tel, your the man! Bravo! :bow:

Do all Aussies like to marry them that young. :eek:

-MB

I've always had a love for motorcycles. When I was 14 you could get a scooter license and all my buddies had Cushmans and Whizzer motor bikes. My first real motorcycle was a Triumph and through the years have had many different types and styles. I still enjoy dirt bike riding with my sons and riding with my wife on the road. Here's a couple of pics of me and one of my passions. The first one was around 1968 on my Triumph Cub. The next is my current dirt bike, a 400 Suzuki. The last one is of me and the wife riding on my son's quad.
gbritnell

BIKES1.JPG

BIKES2.JPG

BIKES3.JPG

Rof}

That's number 1 daughter on the point of getting slung out of home!

Latest posts

Back