Men with Their Machines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutsqueezer

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, on another forum with a completely different topic (Beekeeping actually), I started a thread asking if anyone else was interested in putting a face to the name to help in visualizing who it is you are communicating with. Turns out a few hundred people did so, some included pics of their whole families, houses, yards, beehives, etc. That thread was made a sticky and is still there now with nearly 77,000 hits. Obviously this is a natural interest.

Usually you form a mental image of a forum member after reading dozens of their posts and then one day you might catch a peek of that person and invariably it's "Wow, he doesn't look anything like I pictured!" When I think of some regular posters on here, only an engine pops into mind and that may be how they want it to remain. After all, one nice thing about the Internet is there is no judging others by looks. There are those brave few here who put their face pic as an avatar (yours doesn't count, Zee ;D).

I can see this could be a popular thread, perhaps sticky. You could post a pic of yourself holding your best engine, caressing the love of your life (your lathe) :big:, SWMBO, holding grandchildren, or holding your favorite tool (no, not that one, get your mind out of the gutter!).

Anybody want to be first?

-Trout

Sure, Trout. I'm game. The first photo is me and my daughters dog, Frank (Frankfurter) sitting in my office.

The next is my Lovely Irish wife, Kelly Collen Mary (I said Irish) Yes, I robbed the cradle and have been robbing it for 30 years. Thm: Thm: Thm:

The last is my energetic dog, Sawdust. Guess I'll have to change it to swarf. My wife wanted an Irish Setter. Go figure.

Ed

Dad.jpg

Mom.jpg

Dog.jpg

Hey Trout,
Bad pic, but it's me

So Trout, when will you unvail?

Tony

I'm at work now so no pics available to me here. I'll have to take one holding my partially-built engine later today or tomorrow. When I do, Hollywood talent scouts should take note: I'm not interested in being a movie star. :big:

-Trout

Here is one of me..

me.jpg

Here is a recent photo of me and my newest granddaughter Elana, she is a little to small to bring into the BATCAVE but her older sister thinks that I have some of the coolest toys.

Jack

IMG_0157.JPG

Troutsqueezer said:
(yours doesn't count, Zee ;D).

No problem. I've got an earlier one.

But if you're hoping for a 'tutu' shot...I've already made it clear the price is too high for anyone here.

Seriously though...I think it's a great idea...but it'll be a little while for me. I have nothing on my computer and wife is away for another week. She has the other computer and the 'good' camera.

Hm...might be able to come up with something else though.... ;D

I hope others join in!

Here is one of my son and I last fall, with one of the fine Wisconsin whitetails we shot.
041.jpg

Matt

Can't let you youngsters have all the fun. In the shop photo is not very natural however. Normally I have safety glasses on with a Opti-Visor on top of them so you can't see most of my face. And outside the shop it's bifocals forever.
Gail in NM

ManCave.jpg

No fair putting in handsome ringers for photos, Marv. Some of us have real photos of you and know the truth.
Gail in NM

C'mon, Marv.

I'm not afraid.

tooserious.jpg

I'm not really that serious!

Dean

Haven't been very active on the site as of late. I have posted some build data in the past and was involved with the first team build. I produced half of the steam engine main blocks for team build 1.

This is my wife and I in Nuremberg Germany. We took a trip to Europe earlier this year. Spent a week in Nuremberg. I have to say I loved Germany.:

dougandjen.jpg

Ok....also a few years ago....like maybe 12.....

Also with a lot less gray....like none...

Thats me on the right holding the throttle.....ain't it just beautiful.....me I mean ;D

Pegasusengineandme-.jpg

Dave,

I really want to ask if that's a set of Stewart castings, but I won't ::)

I'm on the verge of retirement even though I don't look it....

DSC00722-1.jpg

OK, I'll show a couple.

High School Graduation Picture - 1978
Leisure Suits were cool! ::)

1978.jpg

And a more current one.

DamianandGrandpa.jpg

I haven't changed a bit........Have I? *knuppel2*
:D

Rick

Latest posts

Back