Members here that are on Hobb-Machinist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can someone here that is a member on Hobby Machinist please PM David M and let him know I was banned from there...
Thanks.

Chuck

Tom, I complained about banners on every page soliciting advertisers. I mearly asked that they be removed for logged in users, a feature on almost all other advertising supported forums.
I would appreciate someone PMing David M on HM and getting me in contact with him.

Chuck

Tom, I complained about banners on every page soliciting advertisers. I mearly asked that they be removed for logged in users, a feature on almost all other advertising supported forums.
I would appreciate someone PMing David M on HM and getting me in contact with him.

Chuck

Wow, that is a rough response to a decent request. By the way I don't like banners that pop up at all either. I don't mind advertising (somebody has to pay) but those floats adds cause way to much grief. Plus many of this banners waste an incredible amount of bandwidth which many of us have to pay for. Maybe we should all go over to that site, sign up then complain about those banners!

No great loss. Better men than me have been banned there. I haven't missed being there. I really dislike holyer than thou, twofaced , .... Never mind. I did make contact, that's what I was looking for. I can block adverts from ad servers, but can't block stuff served from the forum server or I would have done that.

Chuck

Use Firefox with the adblocker plugin. I see no ads on any site. I gave up on this site last summer when I was recovering from knee surgery and could only use my iPad. The ads everywhere drove me nuts. Im back to my PC and not bothered by ads again.

Ron, if you log in to ****************, do you see the banner ads I complained about?

Chuck

Edit: I love the * replacing the forum name. I didn't expect that! I bet Nelson has appoplexy when he sees this!

Last edited:
I do not see banner ads on that site. I use Google Chrome with adblocker.

Latest posts

Back