Maryak 10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paolo and Dave,

Thanks for your ongoing support and input. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Bob,
Excellent work! Looks like you're getting back into the swing!

I offer my apologies, I haven't been as "vocal" lately, but I assure you I've been reading every post.

Hope the back is getting better.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for your support. :bow

Talking about support, I have been putting up with my back for almost 3 weeks now but after wrestling with the raw water pump on a large Volvo yesterday, took myself to the doc.
smiley-scared009.gif

After messing about for most of the day it turns out I have a compression fracture of my spine. No wonder the bloody thing aches. :mad:

No heavy lifting for a while and now they want to find out how dense I am. I said to the doc "Can't you just tell that by looking, everybody else can." ::)

Best Regards
Bob

heave to to a drydock my friend......A back injury is something you don't mess with.

Listen to the doc....

Best Wishes,.... hope your feeling better!

Dave

Dave, (or should I call you Back Brace ???)

Thanks for your continued support. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
After messing about for most of the day it turns out I have a compression fracture of my spine. No wonder the bloody thing aches.

Good god that sounds bad. My sincere hopes and prayers for a speedy recovery. As for dense, can't tell by looking at your Maryak 10 parts!!

Steve,

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words. :bow: :bow:

It sounds worse than it is. Years are catching up with me. The vertical bone of my spine between 2 discs has partially compressed into itself. It should come good in about another 6-9 weeks. Tests after Easter will show if I am in the early stages of Osteoporosis and if so, another magic pill will be required to re-mineralise the bone.

Lucky for me I'm on veterans benefits.
smiley-think005.gif

Best Regards
Bob

What if we all kick in for one of those massage tables with the face hole in it. We can get a few chunks of angle iron and hang it over the lathe. If we do that, can we keep the project alive, or are we just going to have to wait?

You just go easy there Bob.

Steve's idea of an angle iron support is terrible.
I'm thinking round stock would be much more comfortable. ;)

Take care of yourself!

Rick

massage table!.... ::)

OK I won't go there......... ;D

Get Well!.......please.

Dave

Bob,

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Bob

Bob

Don't overdo things, and hopefully you'll be back to normal soon.

Is it just me, or is it a little suspicious that your back has gone out just before it's time to arrange the furniture in the new palace? :big:
(wish I'd have though of that.....)

Take care, Joe

Thanks Guys, :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

for your concern and support. I've sussed out a nice high stool which is the right height for sitting machining. I intend to do as little as possible over Easter and give it a test run next week.

Neat trick to do it before we move but I'd rather I hadn't done it at all. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

It sounds like a case of too much of a good thing to me lol ;D
get better soon, Ian(seagar)

I hope you can recover soon Bob. As someone who suffers from lower spine problems I can sympathise and keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Don't realy need your problems at any time but with that big workshop your building (great convincing SWMBO its a new bungalow!) its not good.

I can see your keeping your sense of humour, so keep smiling......

MM

Ian and Mike,

Thanks guys :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Bob, this seems like a good time to pull up a couple lawn chairs in front of that new mansion and you and the SWMBO sit back with a couple of brews and watch the progress and let the back heal at the same time. After a week or so both will look and feel better. Best of luck.

putputman,

Thanks for the advice. :bow:

We are leaving soon for an inspection tour, (our spies tell us the brickwork is well under way). Then over to my daughters for dinner and the egg swap. ;D

Should see us out until tomorrow.

Best Regards
Bob

Easter is behind us and I ventured into the shop for a couple of hours. :eek: :eek:

The contra piston mounted on a mandrel to finish/fit to the cylinder.

IMG_0370.jpg

The completed contra piston - just a little heat now to release the super glue.

IMG_0371.jpg

Next is a bit of design work for the venturi and spray bar.

Hi Bob

I recently bought a mini mill and mini lathe - I'm still setting up my shop, a frustrating but necessary interlude to actually getting to the task of machining, and must say - I have learned much from this discussion. It is very inspiring and to a newbie like myself - very educational. Thank you for all the excellent pics and the detailed discussion. I'm certainly looking forward to starting my first engine in the coming weeks and of course can only aspire to such great work.

All the best.

Sean :)

Latest posts

Back