Maryak 10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

I know the feeling. In my younger days I was a Powerlifter and blew my back out (career ending injury). When it first happened I was like you; I couldn't stay in anyone position for more then 15 - 20 minutes. I was in college at the time and considered dropping out because I couldn't concentrate during the lectures or exams. That was in '86 and I have lived with the pain everyday since. Luckily, it is nowhere near as bad now.

I truly wish you a sincere and speedy recovery.

Bob

Here's to a speedy recovery Bob. Get well soon

Cheers,
Phil

Hmmmm .... crook back and you still claim you stayed away from Hay Street????

Tel may be on to something here....... ;D

Hope your feeling better Bob!

Dave

Hey Bob,

Thanks for your continued support and interest, :bow:

Lack of Progress report - don't quite know but I have done my back in. Can't sit, can't stand, can't lay down any and all for any length of time. I am currently a fully paid up member of "Grumpy Old Men." ::) ::)

wEc1 to the "Grumpy Old Men." club.

Hope your recovery is swift.

Regards

Philly

steamer said:
Tel may be on to something here....... ;D

Hope your feeling better Bob!

Dave

I WISH ??? ::) ??? ::)

Seriously Guys thanks for your commiserations. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I have improved to the "It only hurts when I laugh" stage.

Best Regards
Bob

Hi All,

Had a little tank repair work this morning and managed to get through that with minor aches so I thought I would have a go at the compression screw bush for the head.

The bush sized ready for drilling and tapping.

IMG_0328.jpg

Ain't progress marvellous. ??? ??? ??? Tomorrow is another day and today will be yesterday tomorrow - See Ya.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Steve, :bow:

A little more today and then it was off to see how the builders performed this week.

Tapping the cylinder head bush for the compression screw.

IMG_0329.jpg

Parting off the bush.

IMG_0330.jpg

Press fitting the bush in the cylinder head.

IMG_0331.jpg

The bush in the cylinder head.

IMG_0333.jpg

Material for the compression screw.

IMG_0334.jpg

Test fit of the compression screw and cylinder head.

IMG_0337.jpg

Have a good weekend.

Best Regards
Bob

Progressus Interuptus,

IMG_0335.jpg

2nd, some kind soul clobbered my car in the supermarket car park. Of course they left a note saying who etc. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

So between tanks and panel beating M10 progress 2x0=0

Best Regards
Bob

A very very little more today before I had to BACK OFF.
smiley-sick024.gif

Tapering the compression screw shaft to make the handle.

IMG_0346.jpg

The screw handle is bent and fitted to the head.

IMG_0347.jpg

Oh well I suppose it's better than 0 ??? ???

Best Regards
Bob

Some days making one small part is a very good day.

It's the journey, not the destination, that is the fun part.

Looking good.

Gail in NM,USA

Gail,

Thanks for putting things into perspective etc. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Hello Bob, sorry to hear about you back. No comfort to you but I know what you are going through. However in your case I hope its something that will go away! Make sure you tell it too......mine just doesn't listen!!!

Keep well.

Mike alias MM or mm or meta mickey or eh you!.......

Maryak said:
I WISH ??? ::) ??? ::)

Seriously Guys thanks for your commiserations. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I have improved to the "It only hurts when I laugh" stage.

Best Regards
Bob

Sorry to hear that Bob.....I do hope your teeth and you back aren't hurting at the same time....

Engine is looking great so far.........emmmmmmm.....I smell and engine almost ready to run... ;D

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement. :bow: :bow:

Yesterday was another minimalist day. Only just got started when I had to stop and take a 55ft ferry off the slip and back to her moorings. Ah well it was a nice day for a boat ride. ::) Her regular skipper could not make it at the same time as the 60 ton lifter was available.

Drilling the crankshaft for the cut outs.

IMG_0348.jpg

When I mounted the crankshaft in the chuck their was a lot of overhang and the crankshaft is fairly weak due to the valve hole; so I elected to drill and hacksaw the cut outs hopefully placing minimal axial load on the shaft with the final milling of the profile.

Best Regards
Bob

A New Week - No daylight Saving - Summers Gone and all the leaves are falling, well the deciduous ones anyway. ::)

I spent quite a lot of the weekend thinking about the overhang of the crankshaft in the rotary table and I was not happy :'( so I decided to drill through the backing plate allowing the crankshaft to go through the pate and down the centre of the rotary table viz:

Drilling out the rotary table.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Milling the crankshaft cutouts.

IMG_0357.jpg

The milling completed.

IMG_0358.jpg

The crankshaft profile.

IMG_0359.jpg

Next I decided to make the contra piston. ;D

The contra piston OD.

IMG_0360.jpg

The contra piston drilled and ready for counter boring.

IMG_0361.jpg

And there ended another day in dreamland. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Bob,

Good move with the backing plate, you will thank yourself every time you need to "choke up" on a part.

Dave

Latest posts

Back