making steam

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoseeya

Reaction score
Frist off I know nothing about making a steam boiler so if my question sounds dump please bare with me. But I was wondering if their is a type of boiler that heats the tubes on the inside and small amounts of water sprayed on the tubes to instantly turn it to steam and what type of tubing would be the best that would heat to red and not burn out or brake from having water sprayed on it. If anyone knows about this type of boiler or where I mite find info on these or if I am way off base. trying to build a boiler as small as possible and most efficiently. thanks ahead just incase I'm thinking out in never never land. I have never been one to play in the box when outside the box is so much fun just can be frustrating sometime.:fan:

DO not think such a boiler exists . Sounds unsafe.
there are flash steam boileres or monotube where water is injected into one end of the tube steam exits the other at fairly high pressure.
Copper is the most used choice for small boilers.
use caution do your homework boilers and steam can be dangerous if not carefully designed ,built, maintained and operated. Any of these phases not executed properly and you could potentially have a small bomb.
Tin

Motoseeya: Go to Google --FLASH STEAM BOILERS--- and you should find the type of boiler you are describing.------don

thanks I was wondering if this was what they called a flash boiler sounds like it could be close I was trying to play with a new idea. was thinking of something like a forge like heating system where water tubes are heated in a flue type boiler to reuse heat over and over something like the old pig iron forges and I am just trying to make steam right now no pressure so explosions are not a problem. I was wondering if copper would hold up not being under water. was thinking of heat going throw the pipes so when water hit them would atomize instantly thus making steam so you would not have a lot of pressure to blow off when you stop and make when you start out. I know this is a hoppy site and what I am trying to do is for a car or truck to drive just trying to bran storm it if any one out their wants to play with the idea. I get things like this in my head and can't sleep or think of any thing else until it plays out. If I am off base here tell me I don't want to make someone mad . I like this site people here do some amazing work and I am just getting into building engines.:wall:

Latest posts

Back