"M" Single/Twin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
I have a lot of time during the year when I gone on the road working and I can't be in my shop. So I want to use this time away and work on designing a couple marine launch engines. Maybe that way I can stay out of the watering hole at night and stare at my computer to figure out a couple engine designs.....

I ordered plans from Tiny power today for their "M" single and twin. I like that you can just get the cylinder casting kit from them. So my plan is to design the bottom half of the engines and build from bar stock and weld my own engine using their plans as a guide line.

My initial plan is to use their 2 1/2" bore 3" stroke cylinder casting kits for the twin to help cut down on the volume of steam needed from the "M" boiler. Then use their "M" cylinder casting kit for the single, which is 3" bore and 4" stroke.

So with 3 engines and a boiler on my plate now, I should be able to stay busy from now til retirement "15 years yet", and then some

cyl_m.jpg

cyl_v.jpg

Latest posts

Back