Lil' Angel x2's new brother

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engine maker

Reaction score
If you go to the engine shows you may remember my Lil' Angel x2. Pics have been posted a few times before. Well, I burned some midnight oil and finally finished the standard size Lil' Angel in time for Cabin Fever. It runs fine but I'll have to make new, weaker governor springs as it's turning about 650 rpm now. A little fast for me. Have to work on that. Here's a few pics.

P1020119.JPG

P1020118.JPG

Very nice work. I like the see-through fuel tank too. :bow:

Nice work!
Would love to see a video of it running sometime.

In the first picture the larger one has a connector in the base.
What is that for?

Andrew

The plug is for charging the internal batteries or for running from an external battery. Some things I just don't couldn't shrink down. The box on the bigger one contains the ignition, the coil, battery and some extra room. The little one just barely had room for the ignition. Had to hide the other stuff else ware.

Very nice Job on the Angel.

I built one about 3 years ago & never could get it to run???

It may not have enough compression, I tried a cast iron ring first then an o-ring.

My ignition system may also have a problem, I gave up after many days of fooling around with it, makes a nice paper weight though!

I was just wondering, because I had used the points and a TIM-6 on the larger engine and it worked fine. When I built the smaller one though, because of space I has to use a S&S ignition and it times differently. I had to make 4 new cams bumping the timing ahead 5 degrees at a time till I got it to fire where I wanted to it.
Jim

As requested here is some video. Hope this works
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMtuyICC_oY[/ame]

Lovely job and nice sounding engine. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Xmas

Jim

that is a good looking build and a nice runner, thanks for sharing. jonesie

Thanks for posting the video!

Great sounding little runner!!!

Andrew

Back