Jacobs chuck key

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not that accomplished of a machinist. I don't know what plasticine is, maybe an ideal of, what it might be. Would not know what to do with the information, if I did. Thank you, for your response, appreciated.
Plasticine is child's modelling clay. Maybe BlueTac for sticking posters would suffice.

Very useful stuff in the workshop. Making dams for lubricants and fluids or for holding awkward nuts etc in awkward places.
The other thing is paraffin wax which can be carved . Again, there is something called lost wax casting. I have a least two boxes of carving tools from my late wife's tool kit

I hope that this is useful.

I googled "chuck key 15/64 pilot" and got a lot of hits. Interestingly there is a KS2A chuck key not listed on the Jacobs site. The Jacobs information shows only the K30 with a 15/64 pilot.

Another thought. Could the outer sleeve on your chuck be shifted somewhat causing interference with the K30 key?

Coomba, any luck finding a key?

Chuck

Last Friday I was in town. I made it to Harbor freight and a few other stores that specialize in machine tools. The Tool Crib, they buy out estate sales, and companies going out of business, then resell their stock. Also a place called Retool. I did not have any luck, so I just decided to put the chuck into a drawer and forget about it . Maybe some day when I'm not looking, a key will fall into my hands. In the mean time I'll be shopping for an Albrecht chuck. I would like to thank all you guys, that took the time, and had the concern, to respond to my post for help. Thank You all very much.

Hi, sorry to come in so late in this thread. I was digging around in the shop this morning, and found that I have an elderly 8 1/2N chuck. It's so old, it has the patent date on it, Sept 16, 1902, and Jan 5, 1915, and May 30, 1932. It fits your description of the one you have.

The key is stamped #30 series, and has a patent number. The handle has "30" pressed onto the end of the handle where it is flattened for your thumb. The pilot measures 15/64, the OD of the gear is about .656" and it has 11 teeth.

Good luck finding one!!
TC

Latest posts

Back