It's official now

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeereGuy said:
Where are you broadcasting your webcam?
It's dark right now all you'll see is a dim light down the highway and an occasional headlights of cars going by.
My Webcam

I SPY

Congrats Doc!!

Kel

Well it's in place where it will take up residence. I have to say they sure crated it up nicely!
It is still on part of the pallet I want to make some legs to bolt on to raise it up about 5 or 6 inches so I need to get busy with that. Once I get them made and bolted in place I
ll remove the rest of the pallet. I'm thinking I'm going to like it! I'll post some pics and Susan (my wife) took some video from inside I'll see what see got and maybe post some of it. Well I'm off to round up some leg material.

Congrats doc. I checked the web cam a couple of times during the day but missed the delivery. Just happy it arrived safe and sound. Looking forward to pics and videos!!

Bill

Ok here are a few pictures.
cncontruck2.jpg

On truck
cncontruck3.jpg

cncontruck.jpg

cncdrive.jpg

on the drive way
cncdrive3.jpg

cncdrive2.jpg

cnc2.jpg

in garage ready to be uncrated
cnc1.jpg

cnc3.jpg

cnc4.jpg

My 88 year old helper adjusting position. ;D (my father-in-law)
He helped unwrap and uncrate machine.

cnc5.jpg

cnc6.jpg

cnc7.jpg

cnc8.jpg

cnc9.jpg

Great score! Have fun!!

Well, so much for Doc for a while. He is going to be too busy playing and learning about his new toy to build any engines for a while. Besides, after he buys all the accessories that he will "need" he won't be able to afford to buy metal to build toys with. ;D

Congratulations Doc. It's a great looking toy.
woohoo1

Gail in NM

Doc

I only have 2 words

ENVY ENVY :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Wow
I love it, That is some machine
Pete

Well after much thought about it I may just leave it on the pallet and cut it down around machine. I was wanting to keep it up about 6 inches higher (would like to raise my mill the same) they seem to build most machines for shorter people and if you are over 6 feet you are constantly bending over. I have arthritis in my back bad and have had surgery on 3 disks in my neck already. I'll work on that a little today plus get my drop down box wired and hung so I'm ready to go when I get my voltage regulator ( had to order a voltage regulator our power is running at 124v needs no more then 120 max) it should be here Tuesday.

Gail I'm thinking I have most of what I need to start making chips. I have access to FeatureCam and have gotten (so I think) a post to spit out the correct gcode I have an old computer I installed the Master CNC software on and looks like it will work fine plus I have an old flat screen for the monitor so I think I have everything covered.
Not really looking forward to the trip I'll have to make up in the attic to wire the drop box but at least it shouldn't take much to get that done.

Doc,

I'm a bit confused here. The specs call for 220-240 volts. Your saying you only need 120 volts? Is the 120 volts for the CNC?

BTW, nice looking Birdge.....................ah I mean Supra.

Bernd

You are correct 220 for motor 110 120 max for controller and they state in the owners manual absolutely 120 max and unfortunately the line voltage here is running pretty constant at 124volts I hooked up a meter and kept an eye on it for a while just to see. I'll feel better with a regulator in place anyway they aren't expensive and I'll have peace of mind that it is right.

It would be odd that the electronics is designed such that it can't handle the standard tolerance the grid specifies.

good you are on top of it, would hate to see any kind of failure. I spent my whole working career in electronics installation and repair and I probably would have over looked what you found in the book. good luck with that nice machine. john

Thanks John!

dieselpilot said:
It would be odd that the electronics is designed such that it can't handle the standard tolerance the grid specifies.
Thats kind of what I was thinking but to just be safe and not void any warranties I'm doing exactly as they suggested.

I didn't get my drop box wired I ended up setting he down on 4 2x12 pads and then swung the head upright and tramed her in. I then installed the axis drive motors and removed the packing material from the control box. So she is ready for power. The regulator I ordered will be here Monday or Tuesday.

cnctram.jpg

Tramming her in for the first time.

cncwayguard.jpg

The only problem I've ran into so far. Screw hole off in way guard about 1/2 a hole.

cncmotormount.jpg

Well got my new baby up and running this afternoon. I ran a test program that the cam software I made a post for spit out. The program ran without any problems although I was not a brave soul and ran it in some pine wood. It ran like a champ and the post I tweaked looks like it will work great I have it spit out all the tools with descriptions and material and stock size to start with. I'm a happy camper right now!!!

Here is a picture of my test part in pine I will run it in some scrap aluminum so I can check the dimensions to make sure the cutter comp is working correctly. From the wood sample it looks like it is correct.

proofblock.jpg

I know what you mean about wanting to raise the milling machine higher. I'm 6'3", and I've got mine raised up on some leveling feet resting on some 2x4s.

Well it was raining out side so the out side work was put on hold and got to play with my new machine a little today. Working on getting a feel for the controller software. I've got the post for my cam software pretty close to the way I want to see the nc code. Here are a few pictures of a little plate to replace the ezgo plague on my golf cart.

plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

plate3.jpg

plate4.jpg

Latest posts

Back