Is everything miniaturized?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naiveambition

Reaction score
When I first started looking at model engineering I was baffled by the amount of items that people chose to scale model. Which is quite literally everything.
The amount of time involved and the craftmanship is quite stunning often times. But when choosing my projects I really like true scaled versions. These are the ones that make me smile and giggle. Anything from a wheelbarrow to 48 cylinder airplane engines, as long as they look just like a real version.

So in my 5 yrs of looking and thinking I tried to find something that hasn't been scaled yet that I would like, ( not a wheelbarrow, too many bad memories lol) and I've only come across two.

First being an armored Tucker snowcat. Found a pic on net a long time ago and just thought what a awesome display of machining and uniqueness.
Then today, looking at Brian's drag saw thread the light bulb turned on (after second cup of coffee) and thought a handheld chainsaw. Not seen one yet although it may be out there somewhere. Another unique idea that could possibly be put to use cutting down house plants and the occasional chainsaw carving lol, of course in 1/4 scale and could use the snowcat to haul them out to the trash can

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 348
My first guess on the real snowcat was protection from falling trees and or rocks, but does have a tow mechanism I believe on the back so could be that, does have some artistic flair though. But in 1/4 scale the zombies would need to be about the size of the geico lizard to be effective.

For a variation on the Snowcat idea, Google "Model T Snowmobile." I find those extremely interesting in all their variations.

--ShopShoe

Latest posts

Back