I have to ask....

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbide_burner

Reaction score
I am maybe the only one that don't know this, but someone please spell it out!! What does "SWMBO" mean??
Must be something about someone living with you that wastes precious money on useless things, rather than invest in good machinery ;D

LOL
SWMBO is internet jargon or abbreviation for "She Whom Must Be Obeyed". AKA wife or girlfriend yes the one who wants to spend money on frivolous things like clothes house decorating Items and many other things other than important stuff like machinery, tools, stock, casting kits, machining books and model engine plans. He he he.
Actually my wife has built her own model engine and attends shows with me and is pretty supportive of the hobby.
Tin

When you run into an acronym that puzzles you, a good resource to add to your bookmarks is the Acronym Finder...

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

SWMBO derives from H. Rider Haggard's novel "She" and was popularized via the "Rumpole of the Bailey" series on British television.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_(novel)

The is another link between SWMBO and model engineering - the late LBSC named one of his better known locomotives Ayesha after the original SWMBO from Haggard's book.

Tel,
You must be a old fa*t like me if you know who LBSC is or was

George

You must be a old fa*t like me if you know who LBSC

not really, he was before my time too, but most who have been around the hobby have managed to pick up a few back issues :) from the golden era of the hobby

In line with SWMBO Is my SWMBO the only one in the world who feels it is essential to be able to get both cars into the garage I use as a shop?

The result is a round the walls arrangement and regular "discussion" re - " the car won't go in because YOU have left STUFF in the middle of the garage".

She even wants me to get rid of a £600+ band saw I was given because it take up a lot of space.

Mmmmm!

Rick,
I suspect you are not alone. We can't fit any cars in the garage, and it's a very oversized two-car. Thankfully, I suppose, the reason is most of the room is taken up by SWMBO's stuff so I never get that complaint. If she got rid of that stuff there would be room for both cars without impacting my shop (much).

Fer Petes sakes settle all the arguments BUILD HER HER OWN SHED
BR

LOL ;D

Actually, that discussion has come up. She has suggested adding an extension to the side of the garage.

Most wives want to put an addition on the house. How many actually want to put an addition the garage?

ksouers said:
Most wives want to put an addition on the house. How many actually want to put an addition the garage?

Right here!! If we had room, it would be happenin'! Along with a few other things. ::)

Hmmm ... another requirement for Mrs Kludge #3 ... SWTSMBO ... :big: :big: :big:

Hey Kludge

SWTSMBO Never seen one of them !!!!
In my experience they all Know They Must Be Obeyed
It seems to be inbred in them !!

:big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

Kind regards

Malcolm

Guys,

Think you've got problems, I can't get our car in the garage because of all Mrs M's gardening gear and about 200 plant pots that will never see a plant.
headscratch.gif

Still, I rather have her, than the car in the garage.
mgyes.gif

Best Regards
Bob

rickharris said:
In line with SWMBO Is my SWMBO the only one in the world who feels it is essential to be able to get both cars into the garage I use as a shop?

The result is a round the walls arrangement and regular "discussion" re - " the car won't go in because YOU have left STUFF in the middle of the garage".

She even wants me to get rid of a £600+ band saw I was given because it take up a lot of space.

Mmmmm!

I make a point of correcting my wife every time she refers to my workshop as a shed because a shed is where you store all your junk and there is no way my workshop is getting used as a store room.
She once suggested my mountain bike should go into my workshop instead of the house and I told here no, I would get the spa dug out and a new shed for bikes built.
Silly me thought she wouldn't want to get rid of the spa but now one of my jobs for 2009 is get the spa dug out. ::)

ksouers said:
LOL ;D

Actually, that discussion has come up. She has suggested adding an extension to the side of the garage.

Mine did. Was her idea to add onto the garage. Now the garage is 75SqFt bigger than the house.

Garage07-18-03-01.JPG

Garage08-10-03-02.JPG

Garage10-14-03-03.JPG

Kludge,

I have to agree with Malcolm on this one.

Maybe SWMDPBO. (She who must definitely positively be obeyed) is more in line with my experiences.

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
I have to agree with Malcolm on this one.
Maybe SWMDPBO. (She who must definitely positively be obeyed) is more in line with my experiences.

As I said, I can dream, can't I? ;D

Anyway ... with the Mrs. K. #3 I hope for, it won't be a problem. At least not if the relationship can pick up as it was before I got stupid. Reflective thought. It may become a problem but of a different order. She may decide she wants a piece of the (shop) action too. :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back