I finally got my lathe!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeusrekning

Reaction score
Yes you read it right. I finally got my lathe at the house today. The guy I bought it from has been moving a lot of stuff and hasn't had time to deliver for the last few months. But today was the day. It is a 1988 12x36" Taiwanese lathe. I will need to bring some inspection equipment home tomorrow to futher check it out but so far it looks good. It has a 1hp motor, an Aloris QCTP, 3 & 4 jaw chuck, couple of face plates, and a follow rest. It seems like I have been waiting forever so bear with the excitement :big:. I think project #1 will be a ball turner. I have found that keeping the roundtuit list in my head just isn't working, So what is suggested after receiving your new lathe? I started wiping down and will lube up well tomorrow.
MVC-002S-3.jpg
MVC-001S-2.jpg
MVC-005S-3.jpg
MVC-006S-2.jpg
MVC-004S-3.jpg

Tim

Congrats Tim!! I've been stressing right along with you.....LOL. That is the last photo we want to see of a spotlessly clean machine. I'll get by sometime this week and then it's your turn to do the demos.

Steve

With a brand new lathe, I'd be tempted to do a little "tuning" work. Make sure it is leveled, do the old Rolly's Dad's method, dial in the tailstock so it cuts without a taper, clean and lube well, you know the drill.

You should do well with that lathe. BTW, there's a Yahoo Group just for that type:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/12x36importlathes/messages

Cheers,

BW

rick i cannot believe that you didn't yell at tim for leaving the dial vernier on the chuck :eek: ;) :D ;D

seriously tim, thats a nice looking lathe and i'm sure you will get allot of use and enjoyment out of it.

all the best
chuck

Thanks guys. Chuck that is the only clean place in the shop to put it :)

chuck foster said:
rick i cannot believe that you didn't yell at tim for leaving the dial vernier on the chuck :eek: ;) :D ;D

LOL
That wouldn't go far.

What I did take notice of was the unsupported length of
stock that appears to have been turned.

Play SAFE Tim! ;)

Rick

Tim, congrats! Goods things come to those who wait. Nice looking unit you have there!

Back