Busybee screws up my delivery, causes sever lathe damage

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I get a call saying driver recommended (actually pushed on me) by Busybee. He says he's 15 minutes from address... delivery wasnt supposed to be until tomorrow or Monday so I wasnt prepared.

The driver is shocked to see address is a home without a loading dock despite telling him previously it was going in house.

Arrives with the lathe on not one but TWO pallets that are very tippy. At this point the lathe has been paid for with no refunds or returns allowed by busybee.

Driver refuses to lower lathe on tail gate lift... wants twice the money to return it to busybee so I can arrange professional delivery on on a single pallet. Driver wants to go so we try to lift off pallets with our lifting gear in back of truck. Dumb busybee straps pallets together total dogs breakfast, ends up with lathe falling over causing hundreds in damages with more likely. Driver ends up swearing at us in extremely rude rant... which I filmed. he demands we get off truck or he will call police, yet he refused to secure that lathe for the trip back to busybee assuring that it will be smashed to absolute pieces.

end of story, busybee disavowed any responsibility saying he's not their driver they just recommend him. They dont care about the damages, they dont care that the driver was extremely rude and vulgar or that the driver demand we abandon unsecured lathe and get off his truck.

I wont be dealing with them ever again.

Damage, small chip out of headstock where both penetrated upper left rear corner, two screws snapped holding electrical box snapped off in headstock, main handwheel snapped off apron, gear change ever lever assembly (on right) bent when delivery guy shoved lathe into lift while it was suspended... two bent studs for holding splash guard in place... pinched motor wires... and not sure if gear covers broke or were just removed by my brother.

Last edited:
Today I get a call saying driver recommended (actually pushed on me) by Busybee. He says he's 15 minutes from address... .

Damm sorry to hear about this but you should have told him to go and suck an egg, cause the date didnt matter.:wall:
PM me a copy of your invoice and the shipping paper, I'll try to get something for you. I know Busy Bee staff and owners from top to bottom and it's not their way to do busines

cheers

Latest posts

Back